Shipping from US

jook

Banned
Jul 1, 2013
Hi, what is the best method to have a package shipped from amazon.com to Santo Domingo? It will be a small package weighing about 5 pounds. Thanks.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
You'll need to add a receipt or bill of sale. If the phone is worth more than $200, you'll have to pay taxes.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Obviously what the first poster is telling you is to get a membership in one of the courier services: Business Mail, CPS, EPS, and many more. Compare services, prices and their accessability to you. Traffic is a witch in Greater Sto Dgo, as I am sure you know.

Then you will tell Amazon your name, account number, the address that they give you in Miami or somewhere close to Miami, and you provide them with a phone number (I use my DR phone number)

Amazon will ship to you at the courier's office and they will then bring it quite promptly to the DR office for you. I use both Business Mail and CPS (Caribbean Package--or Parcel--Service)...they are both pretty good.

That is the ONLY way to get stuff here.

HB

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Hi, what is the best method to have a package shipped from amazon.com to Santo Domingo? It will be a small package weighing about 5 pounds. Thanks.

Bet you two beers your gf makes this phone disappear too. Will your next question be about western union?

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
How about for larger packages? I checked into Encargopaq and they only handle commercial shipments now. Are there any good alternatives for personal items?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
How about for larger packages? I checked into Encargopaq and they only handle commercial shipments now. Are there any good alternatives for personal items?

Most couriers offer large package transportation too, usually starting at 50 or sometimes 100 lbs. The rate is cheaper, but obviously is not done in 24/48 hours like small commercial packages.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I am not sure what you mean about "commercial" shipments. I have items delivered by them from a few ounces to over 300 pounds.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I am not sure what you mean about "commercial" shipments. I have items delivered by them from a few ounces to over 300 pounds.

I was asking about personal items. I wanted to send a large box, possibly via ocean, with clothes and food stuffs. That was the response they gave me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Then Montero and Awilda are your options, among others, for sending boxes or barrels like that from NY or Miami

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I was asking about personal items. I wanted to send a large box, possibly via ocean, with clothes and food stuffs. That was the response they gave me.

Depending on where you are. There are some cities (mainly US east coast) where some companies offer door-to-door service to DR. I think regular couriers will always ask for a sales receipt

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I use EncargoPaq , encargopaq.com, they give you a P.O. box address in Miami and that's forwarded to you in the DR. The price is about 150 pesos per pound on anything under 200$. I have never sent something to myself over that value so I'm unsure of how that tax works.