Cayo Arena (Paradise Island).

PenelopeMM

Jul 23, 2013
Hi!

Im going to Cayo Arena and I would like to know where is the best place to stay?

I was told that I should stay in Punta Rucia but I want an Hotel with A/C, the only one I know of is Punta Cana Lodge and the price is quite expensive.

Is there another one that you guys know about? I looked at Cayo Arena Hotel and liked it, but it is in MonteCristi.

Thanks in advance!

Pen?lope.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
PM Hillbilly on that, he is the local expert on that area.

If Punta Cana Lodge is in Punta Cana, then you would be very, very far away from where you want to be. My guess is you will be staying in either Santiago or Monte Christi. Monte Christi is a nice place to visit.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
You should also look into "Ensenada Resort" phone number (809) 377-2233, at la Ensenada. This place is not the ritziest of places, but you would be about ten minutes from "Punta Rucia" and about twenty minutes from "Cayo Arena"

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Penelope: Sorry to hijack your thread.
When are you going to ?
I am planning to go this week. (Wed-Friday)
I stayed in La tortuga hotel, but is has no a/c:cry::cry:
I am looking for a company service to do the trip from Punta Rusia to Cayo Arena.
and I want to go snorkeling. (last time I went with some guy I met by the beach and there was no food included and we were starving, because there is no food for sale at "cayo arena"..lol
Cayo Arena is beautiful.........

PenelopeMM

Jul 23, 2013
No problem Lucille, hahaha.

Im going next month and i think I'll stay in Villa Rosa, they dont have A\C but it seems like there are no hotels with A/C there.

:)

Jan 17, 2009
If you want to have lunch included, go to the Paradise Island beach area--it's marked by street signs, or just follow the beach road in Punta Rucia and you'll see it. Tourist boats leave from there. Lunch is served on return at that same area, but they include drinks while in the Cayo.

One correction from post above: Punta Rusia Lodge is in Punta Rusia not in Montecristi. It's a very nice property, brand new, rooms with a/c, includes breakfast and lunch, very expensive.

I stayed at Villa Nadine and loved it, despite the lack of A/C. Vacation Rentals | Dominican Republic | Beach holiday villa. When we were there in May, they are building small apts for guests that don't want to rent the entire villa. I doubt they are ready but something to keep in mind for future stays.

PenelopeMM

Jul 23, 2013
Ops! My mistake again. I go crazy when I have to write in english, hahaha.

The one in Montecristi is "Cayo Arena Hotel".

I looked into Punta Rucia lodge and I loved it but its quite expensive :(

Thank you!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ops! My mistake again. I go crazy when I have to write in english, hahaha.

The one in Montecristi is "Cayo Arena Hotel".

I looked into Punta Rucia lodge and I loved it but its quite expensive :(

Thank you!

When we were up that way, we spent the day at Punta Rucia, then drove to Montecristi and stayed at Cayo Arena Hotel because nothing around Punta Rucia had hot water/AC.