Cigar info

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I would really like to smoke a cigar, especially in the evenings after dinner and with a drink.

Never having been a smoker, could anyone recommend a good quality, mild cigar to get me started.

PP town area.

Thank you.

FB.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suggest an Aurora #4...not a big stogie, but with good flavor, aromas and usually well built. There are also some very expensive cigars...you can find them at the Caf? Cubano or the Supermarket called Super Super in Sosua...don't bother with off brands sold everywhere, please.

HB

Last edited:

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Advice dont but them in a giftshop nor at the beach in the super marked you can get the real "auora" from leon jimenez and others. And they will even be for a better price!

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
If you've not smoked a cigar before, or not very often, it's good to start mild...like you said. Fairly cheap, mild cigars would be your run-of-the-mill macanudo, ashton to get you started. The cool thing about getting into cigars is not settling on any given one. If you're lucky enough to find a knowledgeable tobacconist, you'll soon find yourself exploring a wide range of size, flavors and associating them to disparate geographic regions. Of course you'll find your "tried and true" favorites...we all have our go-to cigars...but be adventurous. Have fun with it. Make it a point to every few days try another. I'll be happy to ask questions of you have any. Remember, cigarettes are a habit, cigars are a hobby.

Enjoy!