Facilities for drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I have looked everywhere I could think of but found nothing. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have such a facility? We suffer here in common with most of the country from either power cuts or very "go slows" with the internet. Several times now I have wanted to post something and half way or more through it I loose my connection, When I can connect again all my text has disappeared and I have to either start all over again or abandon the whole idea and as I can only type with my left hand, one fingered, the abandonment is the usual option.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Don Pedro, I think he means posting here on DR1.

When I start posting here, "auto-saved" flashes in the bottom left corner of the post box. If I close the box and don't post it, when I come back later and hit "reply to thread" I see a little box asking if I want to restore saved text. If I click on that, everything I typed earlier comes back.

Now, I can't say if that works if your machine is rebooted though. Maybe Robert can answer that.

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
Another alternative is to type your message in notepad (assuming you use a Windows Operation System). Once you have the text typed out, you could copy and paste the text into the message field on the forums and quickly click "Post thread/reply". This would allow you to type your messages at your leisure and post them with little interference from the internet connection. Does that make sense? If you need more help, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Cheers!

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks all. Yes I was referring to dr1 specifically. There is no problem with email and gmail. No I don't use windoze but ubuntu/linux where also there is also notepad. AlterEgo, I tried what you suggested and it had me a bit confused at first, I clicked on Reply to Thread and found that all this message disappeared but when I went back to the thread there was indeed the little box telling me that the message was autosaved. great my problems are solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.