Best chinese food in Santiago

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Whats the best Chinese restaurant in Santiago. I cant find any that make pepper steak and onions like in the states. Most of their fried rice suck too. Any help? Thanks.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Whats the best Chinese restaurant in Santiago. I cant find any that make pepper steak and onions like in the states. Most of their fried rice suck too. Any help? Thanks.

Super Rico on Juan Pablo Duarte is probably the best closely followed by the no-name chinese restaurant on 27 de Febrero east of estrella sadhala.. I put super rico at #1 because they actually have good volume of customers so I assume the ingredients will be better, but the food has been close each time I've gone.. Btw, I know what you mean when fried rice sucks, I'm assuming you went to expreso jade on the highway, super rico and the no-name spot make fried rice just like I like it, with only green onions. The eggroll at super rico is awesome too..

Expreso Jade in LAS COLINAS MALL, not the one on the highway, is a very good option for fast-food japanese/asian food in a pinch, don't even bother with Expreso Jade on the highway, it's disgusting.

I'm not sure what the pepper steak and onions dish you refer to is, but it's most likely similar to Res con brocoli (beef and broccoli, that usually contains onions also) .. Good luck man and let me know how it goes.. Finding good food in Santiago is a bit difficult, and since we eat out 3-4 times a week, we're getting to know all the spots that are worth eating at and which are a waste of time.. Feel free to ask about any other types of food since I enjoy discussing it and always love to find new places to try out.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are perhaps four places to try:
Pez Dorado on Sol St.
Another one on 27 de Febrero next to the Banco Popular
Another on Juan Pablo Duarte, next to the Shell Station just before Las Carreras (Super Rico)
and another on the marginal road on the highway to Sto Dgo, across the highway from the Banco Central.

There are certainly others.

I have eaten at three and found the food to be more than acceptable. Of course the Pez Dorado is considered the
top of the line place to eat in Santiago.

None really have Sechwan cuisine, most is Cantonese.

HB

Last edited:

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Super Rico.

Super Rico.

Easy parking,
Open non stop until midnight. (last order around midnight)
7 days a week. (a bank holydays , Santiago empty...they are open)
Food excelent.
Steady Quality .
Service efficient
Tea pot on the table.

Bad point: They do not want to share their wifi.

let us know and share your experience.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
You can also try Vegie Sabor in las Colinas. It is vegetarian chinese food; but it is very delicious. It is located next to McDonalds in las Colinas. It is a small restaurant.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
every thing is about getting that beef tinder were you can chew with no teeth and if they cant do that it will not be like the restaurants in the states and can they get the right sauce im hard to please when it comes to food

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Super Rico is #1, no doubt.

Expresso Jade had really decent food for a fast food place, but it's not exactly "fast food" like McDonalds. More like a sit-down restaurant with odd service.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
And if you head out to Santo Domingo for anything, try out the really good Chinese Buffet place on Avenida Gregorio Luperon across from Jumbo Supermarket and right before you get to the JCE!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Pardon the threadjack, but are there any decent Thai places in StoDgo? I know none exist in Santiago, and we don't spend time on the NC...