14 PN Officers Dismissed In Sosua & Cabarete

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Following irregularities in the raid held in October 2012 in La Mulata III 14 members of the National Police in Sos?a and Cabarete have been dismissed from office. Among them are two colonels, but also majors, a captain and lieutenants. It is said that after the raid 60 million pesos of precious jewelry have disappeared. This shows again that the current President Danilo Medina is serious about fighting corruption. Things are changing in the republic since taking office and for many people, the Dominicans, this gives new hope for a better future. It is also hopeful that there is now a more free press that dares to denounce abuses.

Now on the Internet, in printed press and on TV abuses are now discussed without fear.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
From today's Sosua News:

Following irregularities in the raid held in October 2012 in La Mulata III 14 members of the National Police in Sos?a and Cabarete have been dismissed from office. Among them are two colonels, but also majors, a captain and lieutenants. It is said that after the raid 60 million pesos of precious jewelry have disappeared. This shows again that the current President Danilo Medina is serious about fighting corruption. Things are changing in the republic since taking office and for many people, the Dominicans, this gives new hope for a better future. It is also hopeful that there is now a more free press that dares to denounce abuses.

Now on the Internet, in printed press and on TV abuses are now discussed without fear.

dismissed? why not indicted? 60 million pesos worth of someone's property was stolen, for chrissakes!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I just about dismissed a NEW replacement one this evening. Permanently. New cop that had seen me getting my horses to walk home 200 meters from pasture to my place. As I got near where he was parked and talking to a security guard, started his moto, revvvvvved it up and tore past us just missing us and spewing enough fumes to ... excuse the expression... choke a horse. My horse reared and was pulling and bucking.

If I hadn't had my hands full of handling horse....... I would have shot him. But I got a GOOD LOOK at him AND he heard me calling him all sorts of names and knows that....... if he comes back there WILL be trouble.

I've sent an email to our lawyer with time and place and who he was talking with along with a description of him.

He advises a 2 X 4 as he passes before I use BoB.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Interesting article in yesterday's paper, it claims that one of the Germans, who wanted to be the 'president' of their group, was the one who orchestrated the entire event.

Alemanes dicen allanamiento?Sos?a fue

Google translation of the article:
Sosua, Puerto Plata. After spending all his working life in his country, Germany, came to Sos?a to fulfill the dream of their lives living under palms, surrounded by the sea and in total tranquility.

*Instead, the owners and shareholders of the Academy AFFH SRL and Mulata project 3 are living a nightmare since 17 October last year: have been accused of organ trafficking and weapons, in addition to receiving insults, charges as they say are full of falsehood and lies.

Asserting that people are very honorable, argue that any "act" which were brought by members of the National Police was a "comedy evil" that has left his money to survive.

Foreigners pleaded with President Danilo Medina, the head of the National Police, Major General Manuel Castro Castillo, and the public prosecutor, Francisco Dom?nguez Brito, make a thorough investigation regarding the theft of their belongings, as they result from the work and pensions, money that was to be used for their support and the conclusion of the German school facilities.

*Michael Salb, Heike Salb, Lilnich Muhl, Esther Battaiwi, Ellen Platen, Nils Nepper, Sandra Pptrgen, Mary Magdalene Lauer and Ute Hullen Moch said they are not part of any religious sect, never make merchandise with children because they are parents and they never had in their possession an arsenal of weapons, as noted the National Police and the prosecution of Puerto Plata in a report.

Party's lawyer, Jos? Carlos Balbuena, said the case has international significance, so it is convinced that justice will be done. He noted that the legal action involves two actions for damages and prejudices.

The conflict. The raid of October 17, 2012, says the group, was the result of the ambition of Klaus Dieter M?ller, who allegedly wanted to be the president of the land but knows he can not be because the company president, Peter Brunck, even alive.

*They argued that since he could not take over the land, Klaus M?ller internationally has spread lies and misinformation about Peter Brunck.

They explained that Peter Brunck is a serious scientist and author of many books and not a dealer, or organ or weapons, and Klaus M?ller has given all the negative information to the press and "he has paid a lot of money for this. But we want to clarify that this case ".

*Brunck, they explained, came to the Dominican Republic 12 years ago to give life to AFFH Village residential complex in La Mulata 3. Now M?ller wants to get most of the project, they say, for their personal benefit. So are confident that prepared the attack October 17, 2012.

School. The German School of Sosua, a member of the World Association of German schools abroad (WDA), is the only German school in the Caribbean. "We have built the German school of Sosua to allow German and Dominican children particularly good education, an education that exceeds the normal standard of the country. The whole school was funded by two private fund families, approximately 350 000 euros, amounting to 17 million pesos and up German ambassador when he came to visit us this project was amazed, "they said.

The academy, which has five years running, is approved by the Dominican authorities and worked until the raid. After that, parents have not returned to send their children, despite having more than 6,000 textbooks and many other training materials physics and chemistry that were purchased in Germany.

"Therefore, the school has a great importance for the Dominican Republic. From the beginning this school was not desired by Klaus Dieter M?ller, as its plan to acquire the "ground" was severely hampered. Therefore, from day one of planning, Klaus M?ller made a resistance against this school and has reiterated publicly in meetings residential community for Dominican children a farm is more than good to teach. He said a school would not be necessary. The school for children means wasted money. It would be better to put this money in the development of the road. All this I said, "narrated.

Under arms

When talking about weapons and grounds, insisted that each member has his own gun for personal use, as a defense, and that all lots have their title. Similarly, his personal status in the country is legal. "Each of us has his weapon and surprise, surprise, when we see in the press we gun is legal and other toy guns that are purchased in Amazon for kids, all together as an arsenal of weapons. We said, oh, but where is the order, where the tax. Never one came with the police. If men and women workers, we become a criminal, "they said.

They stated that 60 million were not all in cash, but the sum of several items that were taken during the raid agents. They complained that the police used their credit cards to buy computers, autoadornos and gasoline, among others, in Puerto Plata. The Office of Puerto Plata not returned your personal documents.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
dismissed? why not indicted? 60 million pesos worth of someone's property was stolen, for chrissakes!

What did "the gorgon" do this time? As for the PN, it doesn't really matter if they are replaced. That does not mean the next group will be better. This 'changing of the guard" happens so frequently it is hardly news. And why criminal actions were not taken instead of just firings, we all know why that is.

As for the claims of his followers that Peter Brunck was a "scientist" just google The Acadamy for Future Health and see what gibberish pops up. "Scientist", what a joke. He sounds like a mixture of Jesus, Joseph Smith, L Ron Hubbard, etc.

Last edited:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I just have to say, Imagine same scenario but change Germans by Dominicans, after a year if were Dominicans will be already in Jail and with 20 years. Justice and freedom here is very far away.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
At least with the last group, they would ride two on a bike in the area at least twice a day and we would wave and sometimes a quick talk. We would even enjoy the night shift sleeping soundly outside our gate every now and then.

At least I knew where a couple of them were and what they were up to.

Other then the new guy that almost expired.... Have not seen one in our area. ZERO. Not even coming around asking for gas money?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Ringo he's a Star

I just about dismissed a NEW replacement one this evening. Permanently. New cop that had seen me getting my horses to walk home 200 meters from pasture to my place. As I got near where he was parked and talking to a security guard, started his moto, revvvvvved it up and tore past us just missing us and spewing enough fumes to ... excuse the expression... choke a horse. My horse reared and was pulling and bucking.

If I hadn't had my hands full of handling horse....... I would have shot him. But I got a GOOD LOOK at him AND he heard me calling him all sorts of names and knows that....... if he comes back there WILL be trouble.

I've sent an email to our lawyer with time and place and who he was talking with along with a description of him.

He advises a 2 X 4 as he passes before I use BoB.

Judge:"Why did you shoot and kill a police officer"?
Ringo:"He scared my horse with his damned moped, no muffler. In my country real men ride Harley's"!
Judge: Yes I've heard of your general Custer, his horse was also called Harley..... he was a stern man".
Judge: "Why did your dog bit off the penis of the pizza guy, on his way to your neighbours house"?
Ringo:" I trained my dog to do this, he must've thought he was an intruder".
Judge:" I understand, he's just a dog... honest mistake"!
Judge: "Could you loan your dog to the Cruz Roja on Sosua beach for Sundays. He could rescue male swimmers"?
Ringo: "Sure thing, I've lived here for a long time and like to do my share"!
Judge: 'Thank you, you're free to go.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and one more on this from listin diario:
Nadie sabe a?n d?nde est?n cajas fuertes del caso Sos?a - listindiario.com

note this piece:
La informaci?n la ofreci? anoche a este diario la fiscal general de Puerto Plata, Alba N??ez Pichardo, aunque admiti? que en realidad el robo de las cajas fuertes se produjo, pero que se investiga lo que conten?an en su interior. Dijo que la versi?n de los RD$60 millones que se alega conten?an las cajas, la han dado los alemanes y sus abogados, pero que no han aportado evidencias.

so... it's getting curioser and curioser, right?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This 8 minute snippet from the survelliance video has just been released by the attorney of the Germans:

Portada :: CostaVerdeDR.com | Costa Verde DR

SOSUA, Puerto Plata. - The attorney representing the German Peter Brunck, Issabella Silvey and others, presented evidence demonstrating compromising performance and brutal violation committed by a group of police officers who acted in Sosua arrest foreign group during the irregular searches conducted in the residential La Mulata 3, in this township.

Despite the claim of German detainees to be shown the court order that supported the violent penetration of a group of officers led by Colonel Raymundo de la Rosa Ogando, they never showed judicial support for that performance which showed one of the cruelest forms of police brutality.

The insistent cries for help and assistance issued the two men and a woman arrested by German police who took the Mulata 3 were based brutally silenced sticks, punches and kicks produced against him by officers and their commanders, that were never accompanied by a judicial officer.
Costa Verde DR

-------

In other words, no search warrant and no Fiscal.