Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Update on our invertor A/C

Just thought i would give an update on our inverter A/C unit that we got form PriceSmart, it has worked perfectly and no problems. Apart from the first part were it blew up in our inverter room. We got the appropriate inverter and batteries and it is all good.

I don't run it 24/7 more like 12 hours a day since we only have like 8-12 hours of power a day and have an inverter system for it with i think 8 batteries, i forgot how many batteries but a lot. I sleep like a baby!! We have 2 diff inverters one for the lights etc and one for the real laundry machine and A/C I am in heaven. Without A/C i would not be able to live/sleep here. I am a baby princess that sweats!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't actually have an "Invereter AC", what you have is a inverter system, with batteries, that you can use to run a normal AC.
    Is that right???
    An "Inverter AC" has an internal system that can use up to 65% less electricity, than a standard AC.
    That is, if you believe the claims, which may be like the "MPG" highway numbers for a new car.
    Anyway, I, just like you, like to sleep, "Under-The-Covers" at night, and sometimes for an afternoon, "Siesta"!
    I love to wake up for one of my innumerable "PI$$ES" at night, check the thermometer and see 66 degrees!
    And once-in-a-while, even 65 degrees!!!!!
    Be sure to clean the AC's filters at least every month.
    I can't break "70" with dirty filters!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Harley,
    Just to remind us what was the size of the invertor Airconditioner and what did you have to upgrade your house invertoer to - what size in kW.
    You sound as if you run the Inverter Airconditioner on the inverter for the house. Is that so?

What sort of effect has it had on your power consumption?

The reason I ask is I have been considering changing out our master bedroom AC for the invertor type Airconditioner and it would be usefull to have more info.

Thanks.

Olly and the Team

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading the posts a few times, I think you have an "Invereter AC" connected to an "Inverter"????????
    CC
    "OLLY" I swapped a 12,000 btu AC, for an 18,000 btu "Invereter AC".(LG Brand)
    Costs about the same to run, but it's 50% more cooling capacity.
    I'm happy with that.

5. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a frigidaire inverter 18000 btu AC 2 weeks ago at plaza lama for the living room, cost me 42k pesos... 3 days later, obv doesnt work anymore !!!!problem with the machine that go outside

Cant wait to see how long im gonna wait before they change it!!!! Probably another month to wait before they change it.

If i have to say what is the thing i hate the most about this country this would be that... Whatever u buy, whatever the price you pay, they will fix it if they want too and will make you wait as long as they want!!! I think i had to chang e/ repair half my furniture i bought... Everything brand new at high price!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new kitchen stove at "Carrefor".
    It was still in the shipping box.
    When I got home, and opened the box, the glass oven door window was broken.
    I took it back.
    I left it in my van, and went in to explain my problem.
    They took a new stove to my van, removed the "Old" stove.
    No problems, no "Papers" to sign, "NADA"!
    "Carrefor" is a French company, TRY getting that service at "Plaza Lama"!!!!!!

8. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeancris and Mod - how about keeping this on topic - Invertor Airconditioner and what to run it off !

Olly and the Team

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"OLLY" maybe you can be a "MOD" someday too!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Is "Fran" still alive????

11. Likes Olly liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Jeancris and Mod - how about keeping this on topic - Invertor Airconditioner and what to run it off !

Olly and the Team
    What's so complicated about reading the posts that interest you and glossing over the rest?

Have a bran muffin. You'll feel better.

13. Dislikes Olly disliked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    "OLLY" maybe you can be a "MOD" someday too!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Is "Fran" still alive????
    What....no Kukla???

I was very sad the day I learned that the inverter ACs just meant they used less power.....I had visions of just running them off any inverter.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast