Update on our invertor A/C

Just thought i would give an update on our inverter A/C unit that we got form PriceSmart, it has worked perfectly and no problems. Apart from the first part were it blew up in our inverter room. We got the appropriate inverter and batteries and it is all good.

I don't run it 24/7 more like 12 hours a day since we only have like 8-12 hours of power a day and have an inverter system for it with i think 8 batteries, i forgot how many batteries but a lot. I sleep like a baby!! We have 2 diff inverters one for the lights etc and one for the real laundry machine and A/C I am in heaven. Without A/C i would not be able to live/sleep here. I am a baby princess that sweats!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You don't actually have an "Invereter AC", what you have is a inverter system, with batteries, that you can use to run a normal AC.
Is that right???
An "Inverter AC" has an internal system that can use up to 65% less electricity, than a standard AC.
That is, if you believe the claims, which may be like the "MPG" highway numbers for a new car.
Anyway, I, just like you, like to sleep, "Under-The-Covers" at night, and sometimes for an afternoon, "Siesta"!
I love to wake up for one of my innumerable "PI$$ES" at night, check the thermometer and see 66 degrees!
And once-in-a-while, even 65 degrees!!!!!
Be sure to clean the AC's filters at least every month.
I can't break "70" with dirty filters!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Harley,
Just to remind us what was the size of the invertor Airconditioner and what did you have to upgrade your house invertoer to - what size in kW.
You sound as if you run the Inverter Airconditioner on the inverter for the house. Is that so?

What sort of effect has it had on your power consumption?

The reason I ask is I have been considering changing out our master bedroom AC for the invertor type Airconditioner and it would be usefull to have more info.

Thanks.

Olly and the Team

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After reading the posts a few times, I think you have an "Invereter AC" connected to an "Inverter"????????
CC
"OLLY" I swapped a 12,000 btu AC, for an 18,000 btu "Invereter AC".(LG Brand)
Costs about the same to run, but it's 50% more cooling capacity.
I'm happy with that.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I bought a frigidaire inverter 18000 btu AC 2 weeks ago at plaza lama for the living room, cost me 42k pesos... 3 days later, obv doesnt work anymore !!!!problem with the machine that go outside

Cant wait to see how long im gonna wait before they change it!!!! Probably another month to wait before they change it.

If i have to say what is the thing i hate the most about this country this would be that... Whatever u buy, whatever the price you pay, they will fix it if they want too and will make you wait as long as they want!!! I think i had to chang e/ repair half my furniture i bought... Everything brand new at high price!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I bought a new kitchen stove at "Carrefor".
It was still in the shipping box.
When I got home, and opened the box, the glass oven door window was broken.
I took it back.
I left it in my van, and went in to explain my problem.
They took a new stove to my van, removed the "Old" stove.
No problems, no "Papers" to sign, "NADA"!
"Carrefor" is a French company, TRY getting that service at "Plaza Lama"!!!!!!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Jeancris and Mod - how about keeping this on topic - Invertor Airconditioner and what to run it off !

Olly and the Team

Dec 26, 2011
Jeancris and Mod - how about keeping this on topic - Invertor Airconditioner and what to run it off !

Olly and the Team

What's so complicated about reading the posts that interest you and glossing over the rest?

Have a bran muffin. You'll feel better.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"OLLY" maybe you can be a "MOD" someday too!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Is "Fran" still alive????

What....no Kukla???

I was very sad the day I learned that the inverter ACs just meant they used less power.....I had visions of just running them off any inverter.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I first came to the DR, in 1986, I noticed that the hotel's lights went out all the time, and their big generator belched black smoke as it came on line.
Not much has changed in the last 27 years, except now, it's my generator that belches!
I have an invertor, and my "Planta",(Generator) and I paid 17,100 pesos for my electric bill this month!
I really don't care anymore.
As long as the government refuses to make EVERYONE pay for the energy they consume, it will NEVER change!
Any political party in office, that changes that policy, will disappear from Dominican politics forever, and they know that.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo I pay for the power I use, and for the power that "THEY" use.
This morning I got so cold in my bedroom, that I had to put on an extra blanket!!!
"Life Is GOOD" in the DR, VERY EXPENSIVE, but "GOOD", None-The-Less!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Is there such a beast as an airconditioner that runs on DC? That way, you could have an A/C connected to a solar array and batteries.