Vegetarian restaurant in santiago

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
Hola Everyone...quick question. Does anyone know if there are any vegetarian restaurants in Santiago?

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
there's a little canteentype place near the main hospital (cerca de febrero 27) that is actually vegan, good and very cheap!
Calle Hostos i believe.

There are also a number of taiwanese (korean??) restaurants that do good tasty asian food...normally with a very reasonably-priced plat du jour.
Sadly mi novia has always directed me there and i couldnt tell you exactly where they are...maybe someone else knows?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Try Vegie Sabor in las Colinas. Its next to McDonalds. The food and personal are very good. Its a small restaurant family owned and ran.

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
All...thanx for info...keep it coming....good to know that there are some veggie options in Santiago...:)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You can always order rice and beans to go with eggplant or spaghetti and for dinner plantain with gouda cheese. I do it all the time. :)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
there's a little canteentype place near the main hospital (cerca de febrero 27) that is actually vegan, good and very cheap!
Calle Hostos i believe.

There are also a number of taiwanese (korean??) restaurants that do good tasty asian food...normally with a very reasonably-priced plat du jour.
Sadly mi novia has always directed me there and i couldnt tell you exactly where they are...maybe someone else knows?

Um.. please talk to your novia and ask about the taiwanese/korean restaurants.. I am VERY interested in this.

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
I second those comments....it would be good to find some decent Korean food in Santiago....got me thinking of Bulgogi, Kimbap, Kimchee, and Yaki-mandu....maybe they might even have some Soju (dreaming out loud) :)

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Viman:

There is a full vegetarian restaurant in calle Restauracion. (between calles Cuba y Sanchez)
I don't know the name, but it is across street from la Clinica Corominas.
My godson goes there and he says the food is delicious.
They also sell vegetarian products.
Enjoy
Lucille

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip...LOL...thanx for the foodie recommendation there...will keep that in mind :)

You may think I'm kidding but I'm serious. I've found I don't like to eat a lot of meat because it makes me feel too full. I substitute it with beans or peanuts. While I normally eat meat every day but generally it's less that 4 ounces on average. BTW, the berenjena guisada here is wonderfull. :)

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
Chip...I'm not familiar with that dish..what is berenjena? Or am I missing something? :) P

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
There are quite a few veggie places here in Santiago.

The adventists have two: one in front of Hospital Cabral y Baez in Los Colegios, and the other on La Restauracion directly in front of Clinica Corominas.

"Oh Light" in Los Jardines is good.

In Las Colinas, on the same street as McDonalds, but a little further up the hill, there is a Chinese veggie place that seems to specialize in fried veggies. Tasty but not very healthy. In Colinas Mall, there is also a veggie place (next to Dominoes)

and behind the Banco Agricola there is a tasty little place called "Naturalis Te" that is kind of Asian Fusion.

There USED to be a Korean restaurant in Santiago, but the owner relocated to Cuba with her family. There is a woman who does Korean barbecue by order (and probably some other dishes as well), but that's neither vegetarian nor a restaurant.

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
There are quite a few veggie places here in Santiago.

The adventists have two: one in front of Hospital Cabral y Baez in Los Colegios, and the other on La Restauracion directly in front of Clinica Corominas.

"Oh Light" in Los Jardines is good.

In Las Colinas, on the same street as McDonalds, but a little further up the hill, there is a Chinese veggie place that seems to specialize in fried veggies. Tasty but not very healthy. In Colinas Mall, there is also a veggie place (next to Dominoes)

and behind the Banco Agricola there is a tasty little place called "Naturalis Te" that is kind of Asian Fusion.

There USED to be a Korean restaurant in Santiago, but the owner relocated to Cuba with her family. There is a woman who does Korean barbecue by order (and probably some other dishes as well), but that's neither vegetarian nor a restaurant.

Thanks for all the info...I will have some fun exploring all the recommendations (well most of them) :)