Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile cedula? license? car?

i have applied for residency all is complete now just waiting for the cedula....
    when can i get a drivers license? What is involved in buying a car? paperwork -need cedula?
    what is the progression of waiting? -need cedula , get car , get licence?

they say it could be up to 8 months to get cedula....

did i just answer all my own questions? the waiting game..

by the way i want the legal way no short cuts

thanks in advance

search was helpful but seeking a little more as they inter relate

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

as soon as you have a cedula you can apply for a license in your local transport department. you will need to pay the taxes in banreservas and they go with the factura to oficina de transporte.
    you will take a very simple theory tests. it is in spanish and takes maybe 10 minutes. they will also give you a quick eye check. they will give you a temporary license. you have 45 days to take practice test.

i do not know what is involved in buying a car. so far all i did was to sign on a dotted line

oh, wait, the cedula needs to be permanent one, right?

3. Likes gray liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a driver's licence right now from your country of origin? You could skip the temporary.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Gray, you only applied for residency. You must have residency status before obtaining a cedula.

Regards,

PJT

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    Gray, you only applied for residency. You must have residency status before obtaining a cedula.

Regards,

PJT
    i applied from home when it was ready i had 2 months to get into the country

all i am waiting for is my cedula. i finished everything with the lawyers. been for chest exrays blood test and at immigration and have been issued temp paperwork from ministerio de interio y policia direction general de migracion.

yes i have a drivers licence

i am quite sure just waitng

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    Do you have a driver's licence right now from your country of origin? You could skip the temporary.
    True if gray is not from the USA.

8. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

dear god i will have to wait another 8 months from when my residency is approved to get my cedula? or did i read this wrong??

Buying a car is easy, insurance easy. Those weird stickers I have no idea what they are for i just paid some guy to get them for me. Drivers license again will pay someone to do the written test for me since i am not fluent but if i have to wait 8 more month's then maybe i will be!!!

I thought you get you cedula when your residency is approved in 6 months or however long it takes??!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I drove for 7 years unaware I was illegal. Chill! Just don't kill anyone.
    Tom (CC) has drove here for 18 years and never even had anything legally imposed. I like live his rules, fuk em ! But you need to understand.
    He worked here without papers, in the health system, but years gone by. He drove here, but years gone by.
    Now I am legal on everything, why? Because it saves me a headache, in yesteryear it didn't matter, if you not, now it does!

By the way, I have bought and sold 38 vehicles in the 7 years before I was legal.

Sorry buddy, just giving two sides to the reality!
    Last edited by Givadogahome; 07-26-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Harley, when did you apply for the cedula? December is coming through now!so work off that!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied for my residency in feb. I don't really care about driving illegally i just thought you got your cedula when you are approved for residency.
    I always have liked to live on the edge ;-) I show them my nexus card and they think it is my drivers license (b/c DL was lost)

Just was wondering, I haven't bothered to look into it forever and forget everything i learned before i moved here!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast