Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default car crashed two times in 2 months

Beginning of June a motorcycle crashed into my car. Spend about 20,000 pesos fixing it in July. Today (car back fixed since two weeks) I crash into a yeepeta in front of me.....it looks like this one is going to cost me about 50,000 pesos. Many of the parts I bought to have it fixed seem broken again, plus the bonetti.

Time for seguro full?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My goodness Mauricio! Looks like an accident per month? Please do something quick!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope no one got hurt.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

mauricio, man, even i can do it better and that's saying something already

seguro full is only available for the cars less than 10 years old, i know you posted somewhere what car you have and that was not something super new, was it? maybe it's worth to look for something a bit newer? and compromise on size or other things?

with insurance you pay up and pray you will never have to use it. so hopefully as soon as you get seguro full your luck will change best wishes, honey!

5. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Beginning of June a motorcycle crashed into my car. Spend about 20,000 pesos fixing it in July. Today (car back fixed since two weeks) I crash into a yeepeta in front of me.....it looks like this one is going to cost me about 50,000 pesos. Many of the parts I bought to have it fixed seem broken again, plus the bonetti.

Time for seguro full?
    I have full but so far not worth it. New KIA, moto smashed side, about 15,000 pesos damage not worth doing a claim paying the 10k deductible and having higher rates next time around.... Three days ago in parking lot, come out, another deep dent in upper fender probably at least same to fix, again is it worth it?!?!? I would rather invest monthly in a fund that goes towards tightening up the laws on the street including hit and run, no drivers license, driving like a dead zombie etc etc.... Worst drivers in the world!!!! Hit and runs=Death sentence if caught!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    I have full but so far not worth it. New KIA, moto smashed side, about 15,000 pesos damage not worth doing a claim paying the 10k deductible and having higher rates next time around.... Three days ago in parking lot, come out, another deep dent in upper fender probably at least same to fix, again is it worth it?!?!? I would rather invest monthly in a fund that goes towards tightening up the laws on the street including hit and run, no drivers license, driving like a dead zombie etc etc.... Worst drivers in the world!!!! Hit and runs=Death sentence if caught!
    they have drivers here? really? and here i was thinking the cars are manipulated along the highways and byways by brain dead zombies..

you live, you learn

8. Likes jilly777 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Today it was really my stupid fault. Some guy was blocking the street, long line. When we could finally move, I looked aside to the guy who blocked the street...but in that split second the guy in front of me had stopped again...result, I hit him (not that hard). While peugeot seems to make their cars of board it looks like I hit a truck at 80 km/h.

The peugeot is 2005...so I still can take seguro full...but if there are these huge deductibles I better stay like this. If I bring the car to peugeot I expect RD$150,000 quote at least, but fixing it at a guy around the corner, probably about 30,000 is parts and maybe 10,000 labour. We'll see. The bad part is we sold the other vehicle and are waiting to buy another one until we decide if we stay or go.

Happily no one got hurt. The guy I hit came out kind of angry, while he was having a newborn child in the car. Happily everything was fine and he left without caring about the dent I made in his yeepeta.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i always had full insurance and i could not be happier that i never had to use it. miesposo used his only once when he crashed into the back of someone jeep (not, i am not married to mauricio). indeed, for small fixes it is pointless to use the insurance. this is why after you bumped it once you may consider giving it another go, just in case

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    if you see a peugeot 307 with a folded bonnet in your neighborhood you know it's either me or my wife.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you the driver of the yipeta decided to just walk away considering the dent on his car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast