car crashed two times in 2 months

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Beginning of June a motorcycle crashed into my car. Spend about 20,000 pesos fixing it in July. Today (car back fixed since two weeks) I crash into a yeepeta in front of me.....it looks like this one is going to cost me about 50,000 pesos. Many of the parts I bought to have it fixed seem broken again, plus the bonetti.

Time for seguro full?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
My goodness Mauricio! Looks like an accident per month? Please do something quick!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mauricio, man, even i can do it better :) and that's saying something already :) :) :) :)

seguro full is only available for the cars less than 10 years old, i know you posted somewhere what car you have and that was not something super new, was it? maybe it's worth to look for something a bit newer? and compromise on size or other things?

with insurance you pay up and pray you will never have to use it. so hopefully as soon as you get seguro full your luck will change ;) best wishes, honey!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Beginning of June a motorcycle crashed into my car. Spend about 20,000 pesos fixing it in July. Today (car back fixed since two weeks) I crash into a yeepeta in front of me.....it looks like this one is going to cost me about 50,000 pesos. Many of the parts I bought to have it fixed seem broken again, plus the bonetti.

Time for seguro full?

I have full but so far not worth it. New KIA, moto smashed side, about 15,000 pesos damage not worth doing a claim paying the 10k deductible and having higher rates next time around.... Three days ago in parking lot, come out, another deep dent in upper fender probably at least same to fix, again is it worth it?!?!? I would rather invest monthly in a fund that goes towards tightening up the laws on the street including hit and run, no drivers license, driving like a dead zombie etc etc.... Worst drivers in the world!!!! Hit and runs=Death sentence if caught!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have full but so far not worth it. New KIA, moto smashed side, about 15,000 pesos damage not worth doing a claim paying the 10k deductible and having higher rates next time around.... Three days ago in parking lot, come out, another deep dent in upper fender probably at least same to fix, again is it worth it?!?!? I would rather invest monthly in a fund that goes towards tightening up the laws on the street including hit and run, no drivers license, driving like a dead zombie etc etc.... Worst drivers in the world!!!! Hit and runs=Death sentence if caught!

they have drivers here? really? and here i was thinking the cars are manipulated along the highways and byways by brain dead zombies..

you live, you learn

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Today it was really my stupid fault. Some guy was blocking the street, long line. When we could finally move, I looked aside to the guy who blocked the street...but in that split second the guy in front of me had stopped again...result, I hit him (not that hard). While peugeot seems to make their cars of board it looks like I hit a truck at 80 km/h.

The peugeot is 2005...so I still can take seguro full...but if there are these huge deductibles I better stay like this. If I bring the car to peugeot I expect RD$150,000 quote at least, but fixing it at a guy around the corner, probably about 30,000 is parts and maybe 10,000 labour. We'll see. The bad part is we sold the other vehicle and are waiting to buy another one until we decide if we stay or go.

Happily no one got hurt. The guy I hit came out kind of angry, while he was having a newborn child in the car. Happily everything was fine and he left without caring about the dent I made in his yeepeta.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i always had full insurance and i could not be happier that i never had to use it. miesposo used his only once when he crashed into the back of someone jeep (not, i am not married to mauricio). indeed, for small fixes it is pointless to use the insurance. this is why after you bumped it once you may consider giving it another go, just in case ;)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

if you see a peugeot 307 with a folded bonnet in your neighborhood you know it's either me or my wife.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Lucky you the driver of the yipeta decided to just walk away considering the dent on his car.:)

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
May I suggest Traffic School Online ;)

Ive had the left rear quarter panel on my car bashed in for the past couple years (damn taxista going the wrong way on a one way at around 40 mph almost t-boned me).

2evq8ie.jpg

Insurance didnt give a dime, cant blame them, it was seguro "legal".

Parts for this car are just too damn expensive.

How is a poor person supposed to fix their car with the salaries here? O wait, they're not supposed to have one in the first place...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Ive had the left rear quarter panel on my car bashed in for the past couple years (damn taxista going the wrong way on a one way at around 40 mph almost t-boned me).

i read "almost boned me" and it raised my interest for a moment :)
in the meantime i invite you to use the benefits of the manual del conductor dominicano:
[video=youtube;TYx3LeOJaKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYx3LeOJaKs[/video]

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
in the meantime i invite you to use the benefits of the manual del conductor dominicano:

i swear to the heavens that there is nobody else like you...jeez..

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012

Lmao! on lesson #2:D So true.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013

Good except, no mention of motos?

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Mauricio, I would strongly suggest that you quit driving as of TODAY !!!

You're a danger on the road or you are very unlucky...

This, from a woman...

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Daaaaaaaaag Mauricio. Between you getting ripped off at las bombas and getting your car ripped up in accidents, maybe you need to consider alternate means of transportation (the type where you don't control the accelerator and brakes.:)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Daaaaaaaaag Mauricio. Between you getting ripped off at las bombas and getting your car ripped up in accidents, maybe you need to consider alternate means of transportation (the type where you don't control the accelerator and brakes.:)
Hehe...I guess I should. First time wasn't my fault though...the motorcycle hit me. He claimed it was my fault and I had an important meeting in Santiago and was with someone from Miami who needed to be back in SD that night, no time to fight.

This was my fault, so yes, let them hurry with that other 4 metro lines.