Ladrones in Perla Marina.

Our watchman just told me there has been a group of maybe 5 thiefs trying to get access to Perla Marina area. He recieved a call earlier tonight from guards working in the area, warning him of the group. Shots were fired, None were killed.

Can someone confirm this, or is it just empty rumors.?!

Mods are welcome to remove this thread if nothing can be confirmed. I am just curious, and would like some other input.

Aug 21, 2007
The beach is only one concern. The fincas on the Cabarete side are the other. These issues seem to come and go in waves in Perla Marina. But aren't things working as they should? The guards see the intruders, chase them away, and warn residents.

I would be more concerned in a development where the guards do not chase away ladrones, but conspire with them, instead. That happens, too, you know. And for the guards to follow up by telling residents to keep their eyes open, I think that is great.

Lindsey

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ratus,
Where do you live ? Obviously not in Perla Marina.
What company does the Watchman work for ?

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
No ladrones in perla marina , no gun fire !!!

Rattus,
I have contacted the Security supervisor at Perla Marina and THERE WAS NO PROBLEMS last night. NO LADRONES , NO ARMAS.

So I think your information is incorrect and just a rumor!

Olly and the Team

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there have been some fairly recent incidents(last six months) though which the head of security told me about which never made the news.

So one should always be on ones guard

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Rumor ? Guess Again

Rattus,
I have contacted the Security supervisor at Perla Marina and THERE WAS NO PROBLEMS last night. NO LADRONES , NO ARMAS.

Olly and the Team

Unless you are there to witness any event or non-event you have to make an educated guess as to what is happening. Be aware the Security Supervisor may not admit there were problems as he may wish you to think he has everything under control and thieves avoid his secure location. The guards on the other hand are most probably truthful and blow the whistle as they fear for their safety. The Security Supervisor is being political ?

The boat owners will be the best source of verifiable information.

Regards,

PJT

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
PJT - there are no boats in Perla Marina - it is not a marina. I dont think you live on the North Coast. And I know the Security company too so in this case disagree with you!

Olly and the Team

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
This is a constant problem in Perla Marina. Before there were guards at the front entrance, there were very few problems.
However, when guards were added, the problems increased. Now with more security, there are many more problems.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You need to smack those guards around and tell them it's their @$$, if anything happens. You gotta go Godfather on them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7nqcgUDoV_M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.............

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
PJT - there are no boats in Perla Marina - it is not a marina. I dont think you live on the North Coast. And I know the Security company too so in this case disagree with you!

Olly and the Team

Duly Noted.

Regards,

PJT

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
My friend lives in Blue Fish and she said Wednesday night there were many gun shots, she referred to it as a gun battle. She called me around 9 in a panic, she has lived there for 5 years and this is the first time she has been afraid.
Rattus,

Olly and the Team

Caz

May 15, 2004
Wayne - both Blue Fish and Sol de Plata Gardens next door are only accessed through Perla Marina - they have their own security systems in place. Sadly Blue Fish has had many problems in the past with robberies in the car park by their own security staff, as well as home incursions.

Aug 21, 2007
This is a constant problem in Perla Marina. Before there were guards at the front entrance, there were very few problems.
However, when guards were added, the problems increased. Now with more security, there are many more problems.

I tend to disagree with you, sorry. I lived in Perla Marina for 5 1/2 years, until 1 1/2 years ago. When I first moved there, every single night I went to bed to the sound of gunshots. Over the years, the shots seemed to decrease, whereby I might-MIGHT hear shots once a month. They were always warning shots, as I could hear the sounds moving, as if someone is chasing the ladrone.

Moreover, the security grew to be very communicative. If something happened in the night, they would tell me. I knew exactly what was going on, and it was always something that was controlled.

Now, if you happen to be someone new to the DR who panics at the sound of a gunshot and makes conclusions that there is a dead, bloody body somewhere, then maybe Perla Marina- or the DR for that matter- isn't a place for you. (I don't know of a single person shot by an intruder there over the years.....although I DO know of 2 suicides.)

I am a woman who has lived alone for more than 7 years here. I don't engage in risky behavior, nor do I drive at night. When living in Perla Marina, I knew my surroundings and made friends with those who watch me when I sleep. And from my lifestyle perspective, the DR is safe. For those who have never traveled abroad, living in developing countries or have never been outside an all-inclusive, I imagine that the sound of gunshots in the night gives you a different perspective.

Lindsey

Caz

May 15, 2004
Lindsey - I totally agree with you - thank you for your balanced responses!

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
It's funny how people living in rich areas are stucked with gun shots, ladrones, thefts, murders.... Perla Marina, Mulata, Sosua gated communities...

I live in POP, not in a gated community, directly on the street, and nothing never happens around here...

Maybe we are not living in an attractive area... who knows ??

lesia787

Jan 16, 2010
I live in Perla Marina and, yes, we were warned by the guards that there were ladrones and we have to be careful. The same night when the shooting were heard we saw police coming to the house which stands in the intersection of Natura Cabana and main road inside of the Perla Marina, the guard told us that ladrones tried to brake (or broke? ) in to this house. I live here several years and I do hear the gunshots from time to time, but that day it was different from the regular "warning" shots.