Cement

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Or if on south coast, try Docimen, immense factory on the beach road between Playa Najayo and Playa Palenque in San Cristobal province.

May 29, 2006
Concrete is usually sold by the cu yard than by weight. I think an 80 pound bag of portland makes about 1 cu foot or 1/27 of a cubic yard. I forget the ratio of water to mix. Very often distance is a factor because delivery is a big part of the cost.

kella112

Jul 24, 2013
Concrete is usually sold by the cu yard than by weight. I think an 80 pound bag of portland makes about 1 cu foot or 1/27 of a cubic yard. I forget the ratio of water to mix. Very often distance is a factor because delivery is a big part of the cost.

Thank you for not being a jerk in your reply and thank you for your information! My boyfriend wanted me to ask the question because he does not have access to his computer right now. He didn't give me much information to go off of.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Are you getting ready to build something out of poured concrete? If yes, you'll be more interested in the cost of a cubic yard delivered to your site as Peter said. When you say "cement" it can throw people off sometimes. Concrete is what you build with, one of the ingredients of concrete is cement.

What are we building? I love to build.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There is apparently some confusion here.

"Cement" is the binding material and is different that "concrete".

Cement is sold in bags which is then mixed with aggregates and water to make concrete.

The best cements are Titan and Cibao and they start at RD275 a bag.

kella112

Jul 24, 2013
I'm not sure what my boyfriend has in mind haha. I was just told to ask this question but I am going to get some more details from him!