Suggestions on a fun night out

jekel35

Oct 31, 2012
So me and my fiance finally moved down here earlier this month. We are looking to find a place to go hang out and have a nice night out. Maybe do a little dancing, drinking, you know the usual. Any suggestions in the SD area??
Also any expat friendly places would be great too.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Friday nights at Hotel Dominican Fiesta Sunset Jazz. Upscale crowd with good music, that is a break from bachata and reggaeton.

Saturday Nights - Vienna Caribe on the Malecon, jam night. Bunch of musicians playing mostly classic rock and blues, germanfood and barbecue.

Also saturday nights at Hard Rock Cafe live music with Benny and The Cupids. cool mix of covers in english.

Sunday around 6 PM, zona colonial in front of las ruinas de san francisco, grupo bonye playing son, salsa merengue, boleros in an open air setting. Lots of dancing.

Tuesday nights on the terrace of meson de la cava, live jazz, nice atmosphere.

Wednesday nights at Nibaru on sarasota, live jazz trio.

For us, when we want a nice night out with some dancing we usually do dinner at Patagonia Grill in Naco and then some drinks in Plaza Espana, and end up later at night at Jaragua to dance merengue to their 14 piece band.

Avenida venezuela can be cool, if you want a more "local" experience, but I rarely go there now that I am not single.

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
I wondered the same thing except here in Santiago. I did find the Bilbao club, but it seems a bit unsafe if you get my drift, I wind up just having a beer or two and getting the hell out of there.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
In santiago you have soho and vip in bella terra mall and moma is nearby at plaza international , you also have sahara around tehere and also at plaza zona rosa you can go .

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
If you wanna get drunk on daiqui's with a large crowd every friday on the street i sugest infront of centro leon jimenez lol until the cops come and close it up because to many people are on the street.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
If you wanna get drunk on daiqui's with a large crowd every friday on the street i sugest infront of centro leon jimenez lol until the cops come and close it up because to many people are on the street.

i live near there and suggest you be careful and under 35. it is a younger crowd and can get a little hectic some nights.

the daiquis are 50 pesos each if you like coffee ask for a saca leche.

there are 3 spots on the avenue all three are packed and two have dance floors inside.

just be careful.