Good dealership?

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Anyone have a good dealearship to suggest?

Im looking to buy something like a toyota camry / honda accord 2009-2010.

Maybe a Acura MDX 08~

In SD or Santiago?

I am looking for a car over a month and just cant find NOTHING! Always flood, salvage, accidents etc when looking at the carfax.

Never went and check in Santiago, is it true its way better for cars there?

bilko

Aug 5, 2011

Maybe a Acura MDX 08~

In SD or Santiago?

I am looking for a car over a month and just cant find NOTHING! Always flood, salvage, accidents etc when looking at the carfax.

Try "Everthing Cabarete......" on Facebook, there is a Honda Accord 2009 for sale. Also Moca has
many dealerships.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a friend of mine is selling his camry in santiago. it is bright red and in excellent condition but 2007. interested?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Maybe a Acura MDX 08~

In SD or Santiago?

i thought it was not permissible to import rebuilt salvage into this country...then again, it is the Dominican Republic, the land of wonders

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
i thought it was not permissible to import rebuilt salvage into this country...then again, it is the Dominican Republic, the land of wonders

didn't know about that!

Still have the carfax :

10/29/2012 New York
Damage Report TOTAL LOSS VEHICLE
Vehicle declared a total loss
by an insurance company

There are many reasons an insurance company will declare a vehicle a total loss. Have this vehicle inspected by a qualified technician before you buy. Learn more
12/18/2012 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL Vehicle purchase reported
01/11/2013 68,741 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL Odometer reading reported
01/17/2013 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL
Title #0110789454 Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
FLOOD DAMAGE TITLE ISSUED
REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
Vehicle color noted as Black

Owner 3
Purchased: 2013
Where: New York
Est. length owned: 3/25/13 - 3/31/13
(6 days)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
03/25/2013 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept. New owner reported
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
03/31/2013 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept. Title or registration issued
to insurance company

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sorry, i sent you PM with details before i saw your post. good luck with the search, keep on checking supercarros, sometimes you may find something of interest there...

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Remember,

Show me the carfax !

:)

yup! not buying anything that doesnt have a perfect carfax in the USA.

I didn't know that, today I went and look for some Toyota LandCruise Prado, such a nice jeepeta.. unfortunately two dealership told me because they run on diesel they are not US imported, so they never have carfax. I guess it's true? kinda sad this was one my favorite choice for a jeepeta to buy :(

Jan 9, 2004

Maybe a Acura MDX 08~

In SD or Santiago?

If San Francisco de Macoris is not out of your driving range......and/or if you find something you like on their website, you can call and ask for Nelson...he speaks decent English. They will provide an Auto Check or Carfax on their imported cars.

Hilario Auto Import

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Try Velozmovil in Santiago,

Always has nice cars, bought a nice 2010 Camry there. Good people. And as always, get a mechanic to check car and get
your CarFax(I did!). The car I got, listed the miles in the USA and its date of export to the DR, right on the money.

Sitio Web Oficial de Veloz Movil, S.A.

I would also check on the outskirts of Moca, there are lots of dealers on the way into Moca from Santiago.

Good Luck!

Jan 9, 2004

Vehicles carrying a "Salvage" title are not importable to the DR....according to the law (if enforced). However, "rebuilt" vehicles may legally be imported.....thus you have the reason why so many cars there carry a prior "Salvage" history. They are typically purchased at about a 50% discount to other vehicles without a "story".........thus they have an enticing profit margin for importers.

More reason than ever to know your cars......and if you can't...then....know/trust your mechanic....and if you can't...then....know your dealer.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Anyone ever had to deal with SantanaAuto in santiago? They have a few car i might be interested. Im going there today, if anyone have any feedback on them please let me know! :)

Jan 9, 2004
Anyone ever had to deal with SantanaAuto in santiago? They have a few car i might be interested. Im going there today, if anyone have any feedback on them please let me know! :)

I have no experience with them. However, and this is applicable to any dealer, pick a car at random you like, run/ask for a carfax or autocheck. If anything comes back amiss, leave that dealer immediately and find another dealer.

Lots of the stuff DR dealers buy in the US is in the looks good/high mileage category. And almost 100% gets the odometer rolled back.

Good Luck in your search.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
How about the used ones sold at the big and reputable ones like Autohaus, Santo Domingo Motors etc., same with odometer rolled back and such?

I have no experience with them. However, and this is applicable to any dealer, pick a car at random you like, run/ask for a carfax or autocheck. If anything comes back amiss, leave that dealer immediately and find another dealer.

Lots of the stuff DR dealers buy in the US is in the looks good/high mileage category. And almost 100% gets the odometer rolled back.

Good Luck in your search.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I went to santo domingo motors, they where very expensive in general and the two cars i was looking at where "local" no import from USA, no history... So i stopped looking there!