Dminican Daddy disrespecting my wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so my wife has been teaching piano to an 8 year old girl for at least a month, at least half of which she would get paid in Canada. She likes doing it so that is not the issue.
Every time she goes the Dominican Dad say something along the lines of that he likes what she is wearing and always has a boner.

Today he told her it was her fault he had the boner b.c of what she wearing.

My wife has MAJOR PTSD from major abuse that i don't really want to get into. I really wouldn't care if she didn't have PTSD, since he was paying her more and more. His wife is russian with fake boobs etc..

My question is since i don't know the culture and I am pretty sure since his daughter doesn't know what he does for a living he does something shady since he was deported from the US and certain things to lead us to believe this... how do I handle this.

I am F%CKING LIVID!

But do you think me going there and calmly saying my wife will no longer be teaching your child because of your behavior will go over well?? Should I ask to talk to the wife? Or do I bring my 6.6 foot Barrio guard with me?

I will not have my wife go through this ****, the sad part is the daughter was beginning to learn and excited about it. I of course would not say anything in the area if the daughter.

Please help!

Dec 26, 2011
Here's the Dominican way of dealing with it.

Don't.

No confrontation. No explanation. Just stop giving the lesson.

In Canada i know what i would do... here i don't want to get shot in the head!!

I don't mind the odd comments but every single time she goes to teach his 8 year old child?
All he does is play video games. The wife seems sick so i guess he wants action from my wife, if he only knew :) She is a hot wife though!

Damn disliked by accident!

Do i take my bodyguard with me, he is one scary looking dude!!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I think it would be better if somehow your wife could teach piano lessons at your place.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I was going to suggest that she give the lessons at your place but bronzeallspice beat me to it. If that is possible I would also say that you go with your wife to one last lesson there. At the conclusion of the lesson explain in front of the little girl and her dad that any future lessons can only be given at your home, no reason to get into why the change. I would hate for a little girl to wonder what she did wrong that the teacher dropped her without explanation. At least this way if the dad won't bring her to lessons the little girl won't feel like she is a horrible student or did something to make her teacher angry enough to disappear.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I think your wife should learn to deal with Dominican men (I understand you say she has issues but no offense if she is remotely attractive DR is not the place for her then)

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Of course you could also have your wife take the 1/2 Rottie 1/2 Wolfhound with her to the lessons... does he growl on command? lol

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Be smart about it. This is far from "Dominican" only but quite common for women working where men are to be present or around.

The next best thing is for your wife to tell the family of the student that the fee for lessons is going up for the next month by double the amount.

If they say heck no, then she's free not to see this sugar daddy again. If they say O.K. then she can get injury pay for the past and future drama.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Forgive me for summarizing recent history, but this is a public forum. Weren't you posting recently about your wife needing cancer treatment? Now we see that she suffers from PTSD. Are the cancer worries over? All at once you tell us that your looking for a dance partner for her (sort of like giving her to the wolves), and now this. What gives HRock? Speak on it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
i have to call, seriously don't ever show up for the lesson and no call? I am new here obviously!
The part that upsets me the most is my wife is a great piano teacher and the girl was starting to really get it and like it!!!

Can she give the lessons elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.