exit tax for tourists?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I think we all know that there is a 10US$ for all incoming tourists but beware if you are coming from the UK. the Dominican Embassy charges UK pounds 10 for this same visa plus UK ponds 3.50 for postage. Sadly yet another RD rip off, but can someone please tell me if there is now an exit tax and how much it is, please.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ken, this IS an exit tax. scheduled flights have it included in a price, charters pay upon departure.

and 10 pounds entry fee is normal. the price is, admittedly, 10 dollars but i have see the tourist who did not know about this charged 10 euro or 10 pounds, depending on their currency.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Actually if you buy your tourist card here (or online) it is only $10US much cheaper than going through the embassy. There is also a $20 exit tax (USD) when you leave. Some air carriers (from the US and some charters) include this tax in the airfare.

Bob K

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
DV8. I dont count the taxes included in airline tickets. Because u pay it before u ever fly here. And i try not to look at all the taxes on my airline tickets, i will just get irritated and not much i can do it about it. But since u mention it, if i have a cedula will i get out of paying those taxes?

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ken, everyone pays departure tax. as i said it is included in scheduled flights ticket so you do not even know it is there. charter flights passengers travelling back to the UK pay 20 dollars in cash just prior to departure. includes citizens, residents and whatnot.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hiya - The exit tax of US$20 used to be payable after you went through passport control etc and you were actually on the "air-side" of the airport where all the bars are.
We fly with Thomson to the UK and what we noticed when we flew two weeks ago was that, once you checked in at the Thomson desk, you then moved to the last check-in desk on the left which was signed Thomson $20 departure tax (or something like that). Once there, you paid your tax and got your boarding card(s) stamped. Only after that had happened were you able to proceed past the security/bag check & passport control to get air-side. A lot of people ignored the line and were sent back to pay & get the stamp(s). Got to say, for us it was no hassle at all.

Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i wonder, is it only british charters that do not include this tax in their ticket price or other charter flights as well?