Day Spa (Legitimate Please)

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Seeking information on a day spa where I can send a dear friend to for a day of bliss before I arrive. Massage, facial and maybe a manicure/pedicure. Not looking to ship her to a spa outside the city limits (like Jasmine) or send her to one of the giant resorts. She is a local who lives in Puerto Plata and for the sake of comfort I would rather she enjoy her time in a spa facility that will not be overrun with tourists (perhaps unavoidable) or a spa that is inside a large all-inclusive.

I would also like a spa that will allow me to schedule and prepay her visit in advance so she can show up and enjoy the day without worry of the cost.

The internet has not been a great source for information (google.com, google.com.do) so I seek help from my generous information-sharing colleagues.

Trying to find a spa on the Costambar side of Puerto Plata please.

My best,

rms171

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
why not a spa in costambar? there is one at the entrance of the golf course. all treatments can be booked and paid in advance. telephone number to los mangos is (809) 970-7143, they will transfer you or give you a direct line to the spa.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here is spa's direct number according to trip advisor: 809 970 3110.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
dv8-Thanks so much for the guidance. I called today and made arrangements over the phone. Even afforded me an opportunity to use my Spanish. Not a total success in communicating, but not a total disaster either. I don't know the culture that well but I sense a certain appreciation when you at least try to talk the language. Thanks again.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no problem. i forgot to mention there is a pool on site that spa clients can use. on the side of the pool there is a small restaurant, decent food at reasonable prices. payment in advance can be arranged for the restaurant too. you can leave 500 pesos there for a snack and few drinks so the lady can enjoy a relaxing afternoon.

the spa itself is not cheap but it is very clean and the service is nice.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Thanks. Relative to costs here stateside actually quite reasonable. I guess all relative.