Asshole Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
When a post is replied to as being an “asshole post” the implication is that the poster is an asshole. I was accused of being an asshole yesterday from one who is seeking help with his personal relationship and DR expatriation from dr1ers on the dr1 public forum (keyword = public). This is okay. Dr1, as described recently, is a tool that can help. As such, I try to help with my own 2 pennies worth, when I feel that I can. I too use the tool. I try, however, to be respectful and empathetic, and to use life experience as a point of reference. This being said, I take offense to the public implication that I’m an asshole, and all that that concept entails, particularly when my accuser lacked the nuts to call the Dominican Mandingo whom he has issues with an asshole to his face.

I will not always write what one wants to read or what may become popular on this forum. But if one reads carefully, one will see merit. When I carefully read through my accuser’s posts I sense that he has a preoccupation with his wife that’s troublesome, a solution for which lies within that narrow space between her and himself not, in this case, on dr1. This was my message.

It’s not so much what he writes it’s what he doesn’t, and what I tried to convey too is that it’s all public. The fact that he is posting at 2:30 in the morning when he could be cuddling says something. He sleeps until 2 in the afternoon. That says something. He doesn’t party b/c he doesn’t dance and needs a body guard. That says something. He is publicizing very personal stuff. That says something, and if he continues he cannot be averse to critique.

I intended to step off his (should I call it an asshole thread) after asking if he really wanted to continue talking about his wife in the third person. I thought I read something in one of CC’s replies that expressed what I was suppressing. I made a mistake. Call it personalizing, call it rationalizing, call it what you may, but whatever you will, the shoe will fit my accuser too. One thing that’s different though, I don’t shuffle. While I acknowledge the value of dr1, I don’t love it. I’m not running for office where I’m not so sure about my accuser.

Finally, no doubt this will not present as sexy a thread as perhaps something like “looking for a dance partner for my wife” or like something about a “Dominican Daddy,” and so I expect the thread will be short-lived. At least I got it off my chest. Just know that “thar’s somethin’ fishy in them thar hills.”

Dec 26, 2011
I found the comment in question out of character for you. When the guy sleeps or doesn't and whether or not he dances has nothing to with a student's father pas?ndose de fresco with his wife. The notion that a woman "asks for" unwanted sexual comments by the way she dresses is archaic and detrimental.

I only comment on this because you started a thread about it and I generally appreciate your insights.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i love your posts, because whenever i read them, not only do i acquire wisdom, but spanish vocabulary as well. pasandose de fresco; i love it!!

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
To PG. True and true. Given the history and environment though, maybe a proactive preventative method should've been called for. If dress was a factor, are we going to dismiss it as a concern and allow it possibly happening again. There is such a concept as dressing professionally. Something just doesn't make sense. I won't go further. Whatever. My point now is that a simple dislike or general reference would've sufficed. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
True and true. Something just doesn't make sense to me though. I won't go further. A simple dislike or general reference would've sufficed, I think. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your measured reply. I was hoping it would go like that. If you read the totality of the individual's posts you'll see he's in a period of transition in life and his wife recently had a scare with her health. Also, though well-traveled and gregarious, he had little previous experience with the nuances of Dominican culture. These are all stressors that could be disorienting to anyone.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for your measured reply. I was hoping it would go like that. If you read the totality of the individual's posts you'll see he's in a period of transition in life and his wife recently had a scare with her health. Also, though well-traveled and gregarious, he had little previous experience with the nuances of Dominican culture. These are all stressors that could be disorienting to anyone.

I did read. I like him. I understand. But sometimes other perspectives, all be they somewhat coarse, are useful. Else we might as well just start dispensing diapers and his transition can be drawn out. Just trying to be useful.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Pollo brother, you are giving out far too much love recently, is there no one you will not hug and compliment?:cross-eye

Don't think I didn't notice the moves on Aida, and now this? Smoothy:cool:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Pollo brother, you are giving out far too much love recently, is there no one you will not hug and compliment?:cross-eye

pollo is just a guy with a lot of love for his fellow man, and, even moreso, woman.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I know, I'm just jealous I havent had any chicken love for a while and feeling bit left out.:cry:

And he knows how I feel about Aida:cross-eye

Dec 26, 2011

We're all just doing the best we can with what we've been handed.

I have a lot of respect for Aida. No moves. Just recognition. ;)

Y tenlo por seguro, papi. Te quiero mucho. Nunca lo dudes. :p

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Hey. You know what, there is merit in saying what you said.

Niel Boortz tells the story of walking through ATL and noticing a woman with rather large appendages and a really low cut blouse and pushup bra. Upon getting closer Niel says, "Wow! What a nice set of fun bags you have there." Incredulous the woman just gives him a nasty look. Too which Niel responds, "Well, you did want me to notice didn't you?"

Having said all that, you know somebody is going to take offense. Somebody is going to give offenses. Es la vida. Tranquilo.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Starting a whole thread because you don't like a comment that a member made and in the living forum too. Wonder how long this will last?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Hey. You know what, there is merit in saying what you said.

Niel Boortz tells the story of walking through ATL and noticing a woman with rather large appendages and a really low cut blouse and pushup bra. Upon getting closer Niel says, "Wow! What a nice set of fun bags you have there." Incredulous the woman just gives him a nasty look. Too which Niel responds, "Well, you did want me to notice didn't you?"

Having said all that, you know somebody is going to take offense. Somebody is going to give offenses. Es la vida. Tranquilo.

Very interesting angle Ken. The woman in the States are so very quick to be offended and "harassed" there is even a web site in the Washington D.C area (holla back .com) to report things like guys saying "Good morning honey" , whistling, and saying "smile sweetie". Some woman in D.C want to criminalize these greetings as harassment. On the island, if you don't notice a sexy chica when she is out and dressed up she will literally knock you over until you recognize her and confirm her with at least a Hola.

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
Is it shameful that I wanted to post something in the style of Criss Colon, just to play the Devil's Advocate? Like:

Well what does this "Dominican Daddy" look like? Maybe she is, in fact, enjoying the attention? I don't think the OP's sleeping habits should permit this guy to be so crude with his wife, but maybe she feels otherwise?

I just cannot IMAGINE I'd keep going if the guy was a total toad, unless she is playing with fire or "toad"ally naive?

(I personally would have bolted at the first creepo moment, ages ago.)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I guess you have to have read the other pointless thread to know wtf any of you guys are talking a out, eh?

If you get offended in DR1 then you are a pussy, toughen up and remember where you are,...................... On the Internet, and we aren't known for taking prisoners anyway, why make a full thread about it. I say that, but it does seem to be doing rather well, but it is a Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.