Hotel in Punta Rucia/La Isabela area - for private ATV exploring

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
We are looking to take our ATV's in the Punta Rucia/La Isabela area and staying one night. Can anybody recommend a decent hotel where we can leave our trailers and stay the night? From google earth/maps there looks like some good trails to ride in the area, any suggestions? Also, any good restaurant suggestions, points of interest, photo spots, etc?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Paradise has plenty of parking and the people that bought my place will have the house ready for visitors in late August. There is the French couple that have a place and several more, as I understand it, have rooms and good parking areas.

Perhaps a "scout mission" to check things out would be in order.

HB

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
When I visited, it was the best kept local secret of the north coast...mainly b/c the road was nearly impassable.

Does anyone have any recent photos they would be so kind to share?

I'd like to see how it has changed.

TY

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
When I visited, it was the best kept local secret of the north coast...mainly b/c the road was nearly impassable.

Does anyone have any recent photos they would be so kind to share?

I'd like to see how it has changed.

TY

"it" meaning the La Isebela Punta Rucia area, or somewhere specific?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Paradise has plenty of parking and the people that bought my place will have the house ready for visitors in late August. There is the French couple that have a place and several more, as I understand it, have rooms and good parking areas.

Perhaps a "scout mission" to check things out would be in order.

HB

"Paradise" is the area where the boats are launched for Caya Arena?

I heard about a beach where there are a bunch of (like 50 of them) vendors, restaurants, etc, is that "Paradise" ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"Paradise" is the area where the boats are launched for Caya Arena?

I heard about a beach where there are a bunch of (like 50 of them) vendors, restaurants, etc, is that "Paradise" ?

I think you mean the Punta Rucia beach - restaurants lined up one after the other [best one is Elsa's IMO].

DSC00202.jpgDSC00201.jpgDSC00200.jpgDSC00198.jpg

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
"it" meaning the La Isebela Punta Rucia area, or somewhere specific?

The beach itself. Punta Rucia was once an unspoiled place only known to local residents. The road leading down towards the beach was unpaved back then, nothing but cattle farmers. I hit a hole so hard in the car I should not have even been driving on that road so hard I broke the axle on said car. Good thing I was bi-lingual b/c I had to hike to the nearest ranch to hitch a ride on the nearest publico.

I've been googling for pics b/c I'd like to see how the area has changed.

Gracias!