A costly vuelta (or how I came to lose my boat)

shingani

May 7, 2011
So i met this chica in Luperon DR, she says lets go for la vuelta de la republica dominicana, i speak a good spanish so i say lets go...(just to let you reader know that i am not totally naive)

Ok so we go, leave my boat in the lagoon, supposedly patrolled by marina de guerra
whose comandante is suitable foraged by me... Must say, had a good time, went this and that beach, this and that hotel, but when got back after 2 weeks my boat was stripped bare, with great loss. Even stripped of the engine's injectors......and the marina de guerra comandante of course saw nothing.....

Had to sell the boat for scrap.....now am trying new adventure from rio dulce.......

Any advice welcome.....but don't know how much will they be escuched.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
welcome to luperon:
5nmaa0.jpg

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Things have changed a lot in Luperon since 2 and a half years ago. And you are talking Rio Dulce in Guatemala????

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Things have changed a lot in Luperon since 2 and a half years ago. And you are talking Rio Dulce in Guatemala????

Ya it's gotten worse

Rio dulce in Guatemala is the new Luperon ( I'm talkin Luperon from 10 years ago )

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Ya it's gotten worse

Rio dulce in Guatemala is the new Luperon ( I'm talkin Luperon from 10 years ago )

From what I have heard, Luperon has gotten much better in the past 2 months with a new comedante..spelling? and security staff. This is what the boaters and locals are saying. Do you have another info?