Where can I get my fingerprints taken by a trained professional?

loveydovey

Dec 16, 2011
Hello all. I am in the process of applying for a Dominican residency visa and I am from the US. I have not left the country in almost 2 years, I was married to a Dominican before the laws on immigration changed, and I also had a baby in this country. Because of all this, I qualify to apply for the Dominican Residency visa in Santo Domingo rather than going back to the US to get it (YAY!).

A few weeks back, I sent in an application to have a record review done in NYS to prove I have no criminal record. Included in this packet was a card to take your prints on. I went to a lawyer who does prints for clients for certain things (or so I was told, yeah right). They were done wrong (smudged) so my application was denied. OF COURSE I should have never trusted this guy. BUT ANYWAYS, I have gotten over losing 60 bucks because of my stupidity and moved on...

There is another application on its way and I need to know where can I get fingerprints done by people who are actually trained to do them so this wont happen again?? I live in Puerto Plata. I wanted to go to the police station but my husband INSISTED a lawyer could do it for cheaper....

Do they do prints (PROPERLY!!!!!!) in the police station in POP? If not, should I go to Santiago or Santo Domingo?? Any input is appreciated.

P.S.- I called the American consulate and they do not take prints at any consular nor the embassy.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Lost me, your finger prints are taken on the day they hand over your cards, electronically. You go, you get your prints done, photo done, are as,ed a few simple questions, like 'do you still live here, ' is this still your address'.
What's with the dodgy sending of finger prints? New to me, but I know nada!

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Hello all. I am in the process of applying for a Dominican residency visa and I am from the US. I have not left the country in almost 2 years, I was married to a Dominican before the laws on immigration changed, and I also had a baby in this country. Because of all this, I qualify to apply for the Dominican Residency visa in Santo Domingo rather than going back to the US to get it (YAY!).

A few weeks back, I sent in an application to have a record review done in NYS to prove I have no criminal record. Included in this packet was a card to take your prints on. I went to a lawyer who does prints for clients for certain things (or so I was told, yeah right). They were done wrong (smudged) so my application was denied. OF COURSE I should have never trusted this guy. BUT ANYWAYS, I have gotten over losing 60 bucks because of my stupidity and moved on...

There is another application on its way and I need to know where can I get fingerprints done by people who are actually trained to do them so this wont happen again?? I live in Puerto Plata. I wanted to go to the police station but my husband INSISTED a lawyer could do it for cheaper....

Do they do prints (PROPERLY!!!!!!) in the police station in POP? If not, should I go to Santiago or Santo Domingo?? Any input is appreciated.

P.S.- I called the American consulate and they do not take prints at any consular nor the embassy.

You need to to go to the Policia Nacional Head quarters in Santo Domingo. The office is the Records Division. It is situated in the ground floor and the entrance is on the rear side. They have the forms. There are some formalities and you need to pay some impuestos, can't remember how much. The reception will guide you where to go? When you enter that office, tell someone in that office to help you with that. I paid 500 pesos and they took care everything and i walked out with the finger prints in couple of hours.

loveydovey

Dec 16, 2011
I think you guys didn't understand my post. It's NOT for me to apply for temporary residency it's to apply for the VISA. I need a background check done and sent here, the only way for that to happen is for me to send prints TO THE US. It's not about the DR ripping me off, it's a requirement for the visa.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"... i walked out with the finger prints in couple of hours.

He says he walked out with the (sheet?) (of) finger prints. This you can't send?

I think you guys didn't understand my post. It's NOT for me to apply for temporary residency it's to apply for the VISA. I need a background check done and sent here, the only way for that to happen is for me to send prints TO THE US. It's not about the DR ripping me off, it's a requirement for the visa.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004

Read what Humblehindu wrote. For Canada that's how it works.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
"... i walked out with the finger prints in couple of hours.

He says he walked out with the (sheet?) (of) finger prints. This you can't send?

Thanks Caribmike. That's what I meant. There is a specific card for the finger prints to be taken. It is formally done and will be signed by chief of that division. Take couple of photographs with you.

This is the only accepted way of finger prints to be taken. I tried all other methods that you had mentioned earlier.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wait, why is USA embassy not doing it? they have the thingummy for taking digital prints, they use it for visas and passports. why wouldn't they help out an american citizen?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The One, and ONLY, purpose of the US Embassy here in SD,is to PI$$ Off Americans looking for help!!
AND, they have been doing a really great job of that, at least in my case, since 1986!!!!!!
They are only good at eating, and drinking, 2 plus hour lunches at "Capuchinos" from what I see.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, that's all i wanted to know. i thought they'd be providing such service since they charge lots of money for everything they do.

Tungsten

Sep 5, 2013
www.abreuimmigration.com
I have a friend that had to do the same thing for a letter of good conduct from China. She went to a police station and had her fingerprints done. They placed her fingerprints on cards and attached it to a police certificate which included her passport numer and a 2x2 picture. The only issue is she had to go to "central booking" to have the process done. Other then that everything worked out great.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Where is Policia Nacional headquarters

You need to to go to the Policia Nacional Head quarters in Santo Domingo. The office is the Records Division. It is situated in the ground floor and the entrance is on the rear side. They have the forms. There are some formalities and you need to pay some impuestos, can't remember how much. The reception will guide you where to go? When you enter that office, tell someone in that office to help you with that. I paid 500 pesos and they took care everything and i walked out with the finger prints in couple of hours.

Where exactly is the headquarters, and is the process still the same? I am doing the same thing, sending the fingerprint card to FBI to get a letter of good conduct for my residency application here.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Any further current information on this subject? I find myself in need of getting a set of ink prints on a form I have and cannot seem to find a company or agency that does this.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
To my knowledge only the Policia Nacional headquarters in Santo Domingo do this.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I was just in SD on Friday. Oh well. One can never spend too much time travelling to and from SD. Those buses are awesome (morning sarcasm). I was hoping for updated location, pricing, procedure info by someone who has done this somewhat recently.

I'd feel foolish showing up at the PN door asking for fingerprints and learning they don't do that anymore, they only perform this service on Tuesdays and every third Thursday in months beginning with a consonant or that there was a place to get this done in Puerto Plata or Santiago. Crikey, I can pee in a cup on every street corner but finger painting in ink seems to be show stopper. I think I should just buy some ink on Amazon and do it myself. I can't see anyone from Upper Volta calling to verify Jose Martinez's qualifications.