Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where can I get my fingerprints taken by a trained professional?

Hello all. I am in the process of applying for a Dominican residency visa and I am from the US. I have not left the country in almost 2 years, I was married to a Dominican before the laws on immigration changed, and I also had a baby in this country. Because of all this, I qualify to apply for the Dominican Residency visa in Santo Domingo rather than going back to the US to get it (YAY!).

A few weeks back, I sent in an application to have a record review done in NYS to prove I have no criminal record. Included in this packet was a card to take your prints on. I went to a lawyer who does prints for clients for certain things (or so I was told, yeah right). They were done wrong (smudged) so my application was denied. OF COURSE I should have never trusted this guy. BUT ANYWAYS, I have gotten over losing 60 bucks because of my stupidity and moved on...

There is another application on its way and I need to know where can I get fingerprints done by people who are actually trained to do them so this wont happen again?? I live in Puerto Plata. I wanted to go to the police station but my husband INSISTED a lawyer could do it for cheaper....

Do they do prints (PROPERLY!!!!!!) in the police station in POP? If not, should I go to Santiago or Santo Domingo?? Any input is appreciated.

P.S.- I called the American consulate and they do not take prints at any consular nor the embassy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say go to a police station but then maybe you won't make it out!!!
    Someone must know where to get that done on here!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Lost me, your finger prints are taken on the day they hand over your cards, electronically. You go, you get your prints done, photo done, are as,ed a few simple questions, like 'do you still live here, ' is this still your address'.
    What's with the dodgy sending of finger prints? New to me, but I know nada!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me it is just another way to squeese some money out of a Gringo.
    They can be quite artistic and creative in their way to get money out of you. (As you know by now)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loveydovey View Post
    Hello all. I am in the process of applying for a Dominican residency visa and I am from the US. I have not left the country in almost 2 years, I was married to a Dominican before the laws on immigration changed, and I also had a baby in this country. Because of all this, I qualify to apply for the Dominican Residency visa in Santo Domingo rather than going back to the US to get it (YAY!).

A few weeks back, I sent in an application to have a record review done in NYS to prove I have no criminal record. Included in this packet was a card to take your prints on. I went to a lawyer who does prints for clients for certain things (or so I was told, yeah right). They were done wrong (smudged) so my application was denied. OF COURSE I should have never trusted this guy. BUT ANYWAYS, I have gotten over losing 60 bucks because of my stupidity and moved on...

There is another application on its way and I need to know where can I get fingerprints done by people who are actually trained to do them so this wont happen again?? I live in Puerto Plata. I wanted to go to the police station but my husband INSISTED a lawyer could do it for cheaper....

Do they do prints (PROPERLY!!!!!!) in the police station in POP? If not, should I go to Santiago or Santo Domingo?? Any input is appreciated.

P.S.- I called the American consulate and they do not take prints at any consular nor the embassy.
    You need to to go to the Policia Nacional Head quarters in Santo Domingo. The office is the Records Division. It is situated in the ground floor and the entrance is on the rear side. They have the forms. There are some formalities and you need to pay some impuestos, can't remember how much. The reception will guide you where to go? When you enter that office, tell someone in that office to help you with that. I paid 500 pesos and they took care everything and i walked out with the finger prints in couple of hours.

6. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks "Hindu", FINALLY, a straight Answer on DR!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys didn't understand my post. It's NOT for me to apply for temporary residency it's to apply for the VISA. I need a background check done and sent here, the only way for that to happen is for me to send prints TO THE US. It's not about the DR ripping me off, it's a requirement for the visa.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

"... i walked out with the finger prints in couple of hours.

He says he walked out with the (sheet?) (of) finger prints. This you can't send?

I think you guys didn't understand my post. It's NOT for me to apply for temporary residency it's to apply for the VISA. I need a background check done and sent here, the only way for that to happen is for me to send prints TO THE US. It's not about the DR ripping me off, it's a requirement for the visa.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Read what Humblehindu wrote. For Canada that's how it works.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    "... i walked out with the finger prints in couple of hours.

He says he walked out with the (sheet?) (of) finger prints. This you can't send?
    Thanks Caribmike. That's what I meant. There is a specific card for the finger prints to be taken. It is formally done and will be signed by chief of that division. Take couple of photographs with you.

This is the only accepted way of finger prints to be taken. I tried all other methods that you had mentioned earlier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast