Any ipad (mini) experts out there?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Anyone know if an ipad mini or other has removable sim cards ,so when travelling you can switch to a sim that allows you to have wifi in that country . i have an ipad 2 and there is no sim card ,so thinking of getting another if there is an ipad with sim (not taliking about a memory sim ) thx

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Get a mobile wifi AP that uses a SIM card and your problem is solved. The iPad can connect to the AP via wifi and away you go.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I have a mifi AT&T and it works in Thailand , however wont in the DR WHEN i had Orange service .... I had to rent Mifi from orange to have ipad work in DR...... Also when in brussels airport , no wifi is allowed there , even STARBUCKS has no wifi !

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have a mifi AT&T and it works in Thailand , however wont in the DR WHEN i had Orange service .... I had to rent Mifi from orange to have ipad work in DR...... Also when in brussels airport , no wifi is allowed there , even STARBUCKS has no wifi !

it will work on claro sim.
at&t ipad will work with claro sim in this country and Tmobile ipad (phone) will work with orange in dominican republic. I think most if not all ipads with sims are unlocked.
Send me a PM, I have an ipad mini with cellular sim (unlocked). I might want to sell it. Its also comes with premium cover and keyboard.
AZB