Buying from ebay and shipping to Santiago

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I need a car radio and saw one that fits my car on ebay. Spoke to the seller and he says he can ship from Hong Kong to DR via DHL for $250...LOL, thats more than what the item cost. Anyone know if a less expensive way I can buy online on ebay and get it here.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I need a car radio and saw one that fits my car on ebay. Spoke to the seller and he says he can ship from Hong Kong to DR via DHL for $250...LOL, thats more than what the item cost. Anyone know if a less expensive way I can buy online on ebay and get it here.

I buy on eBay and from Amazon and have it sent to my EPS address in Miami.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

just curious, but why would you go to such extremes? car radios come with adaptor kits. most radios can be made to fit most cars.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The DR has many of outlets selling stereos and installing at decent prices. I knows of at least 15 in Santo Domingo, 5 of them on the same street :)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The DR has many of outlets selling stereos and installing at decent prices. I knows of at least 15 in Santo Domingo, 5 of them on the same street :)

Is that 30 de Marzo?

My car radio is fading fast. :dead:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/grbSQ6O6kbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I use Encargopaq for such items. Almost always cheaper to import than to purchase here.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I use BMCargo

Many suppliers in China ship for free to the US. Then you pay about $4 US per pound for BMCargo to bring it to the DR.

BMCargo

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Vimenpaq on La Restauracion and JP Duarte is the cheapest to bring packages from the States. I usually buy aroud 1 to 2 items a month.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we use EPS. they ship items in miami and then to santiago. we do not use POP office. never had any issue with them. they are fast and very reliable. not the cheapest option but i prefer to pay more and actually get the item delivered.
once miesposo gave wrong address in a shipping form, across the street from EPS in miami, literally. another shipping company, as it turned. one of the workers from EPS went there to retrieve our package. they charged us for that pleasure but nonetheless i received my box...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
So whats the process with that? Where do you ship it to?

Open up an account for RD500 and they give you a mail forwarding address with a real street address and phone number and then you have all your packages sent there which are then forwarded here to Santiago automatically. They are downtown so it would be easy to stop by on your way to work. They are open until 6:30 I believe. The mininum cost is RD205 or so and that is for 1 lb or less.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Caripack

no fee to open an account and i've found it to be WAAAYYY cheaper than Vimenpaq and EPS.

MAKE SURE for this service that you note that they have changed their address in Miami , so if you have used them in the past make sure hou have updated miami address or it will cost an extra 25 us !

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Getting a missing page error from clicking on their main menu link (Servicios) just doesn't inspire much confidence.

they just updated their site, it was different a few days ago. but they are considerably cheaper than the other companies.