Electrician/inverter/Solar type guy

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
In SD and would love to have a contact that has the above expertise to help with minor issues that pop up.

Please let me know if any referrals. English speaker would be great but I can fumble through Spanish.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
This is thread about looking for a handyman type electrical guy who can help with some simple stuff i.e. breaker keeps blowing, inline water heater just stopped, is new from Ebay and a couple minor solar questions as I have 6 panels on my PH Apt roof

GREC

Apr 27, 2013
This is thread about looking for a handyman type electrical guy who can help with some simple stuff i.e. breaker keeps blowing, inline water heater just stopped, is new from Ebay and a couple minor solar questions as I have 6 panels on my PH Apt roof

How many watts is the inline heater?
The solar panels are how many watts each?
what type of solar charge controller are you using?
Configured in 12, 24 or 48vdc?
what type and how many amps are the breakers?
what is the wire size and distances?

GREC

Apr 27, 2013
I guess you leave in an area where you have grounded grid lines a clean neutral and stable voltage.
Most people in the DR don’t.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
In our building we use the services of Leuterio Perdomo, Tel 829 273-5577. Not sure he is an expert with solar, but he is reliable and knowledgeable electrician with experience working with inverters.

JonathanBaldrey

Jan 14, 2011
I have solar panels in Santo Domingo, and I would highly recommend a company called Kaya Energy, contact is a lady called Karina Chez who is Dominican and speaks perfect English, and her husband Andrew is American. Details are:

M: +1.809.706.8894 | O:+1.809.895.KAYA (5292)
E: karina@kayaenergy.com

They work with Frank from Las Terrenas who is a German technician and a real expert in solar panels.

The issue in Santo Domingo is trying to get any sort of accurate bill from Edeeste, they come round almost every day and accuse me of stealing electricity because my consumption is so low. They have installed about 9 different meters, with modems so they can do remote reads, and then they still come round and read them because they say the modem isn't working. And then you get crazy bills which are sky high, and you call and they cancel all the charges and say ignore the bill.

I haven't had to pay anything for electricity in months, so it has been well worth the investment.

I also used an excellent company for solar water heaters in Santo Domingo called Tecsol, the salesperson is a lady called Leibis. I think she speaks some English. Service was excellent and I have boiling hot water all the time. Details:

Leibis M. Arias / Ejecutiva de Ventas
TECSOL (T?cnicas Energ?ticas Solares)
Tel.: 809-620-1790