Carol Morgan or other schools

Apr 13, 2011
When I searched, there was a post that said Carol Morgan could be $20,000USD plus several thousand more for the "extras".
Is it really that expensive?? Their website does not show what the tuition is.
And if yes, what other schools are in the area that are more reasonably priced?

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks - I noticed that Golo100 had no activity for over a year, so I tried the "send email" link on the profile.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When I searched, there was a post that said Carol Morgan could be $20,000USD plus several thousand more for the "extras".
Is it really that expensive?? Their website does not show what the tuition is.
And if yes, what other schools are in the area that are more reasonably priced?

Their website does give the price of tuition, and inscription for all grades. Perhaps you should look again.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
If you want a good connection. I know Ernst he owns the Burito shop in Bella Vista CA Burrito Shop
Av. Dr. Defillo #4 entre Av. Betancourt y Av. Sarasota (casi esq. Av. Sarasota)
Bella Vista, Santo Domingo
809-532-9222 .
His handle here is "Aspire" on the forum here and he is the Director at Carol Morgan. If he doesn't answer PM I would visit or call his resto info above.
btw. That apartment I used to live and recommended you is above 3 blocks from this good Burito shop as well Carol Morgan.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Carol Morgan is the best and highest priced school in the DR. Its like a boat. If you have to ask the price you cannot afford it.
There are plenty
of others in S. D. that teach in English and less money. Look here on archives. good luck

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo: Carol Morgan School

I could not find it on their web site either

Wow, those two 'one time fees' really add up:
Finances: In the 2011-2012 school year, approximately 95% of the School's income derives from tuition. Annual tuition rates are as follows: PK: $5,551; kdg.: $7,035; grade 1: $8,933; grade 2: $9,119; grade 3: $9,177; grades 4-5: $9,981; grade 6: $10,495; grades 7-8: $10,989; grades 9-10: $12,032; grade 11: $12,051 and grade 12: $13,809. A one-time fee is charged as follows: PK: $4,400; kdg.- grade 5: $5,400; grades 6-8: $6,200; grades 9-12: $6,900. There is also a one-time fee per family of $3,740 for new families at CMS. All tuition and fees are payable in U.S. dollars or Dominican pesos. (All fees are quoted in U.S. dollars.)

Apr 13, 2011
Yeah - I think I'll see if I can find the tuition and costs at other schools.
I sent an email to New Horizons, St. Michaels, St. George...
Waiting to see if I get a reply. If anybody already knows - or knows of other schools I could research, that would be appreciated.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Yeah - I think I'll see if I can find the tuition and costs at other schools.
I sent an email to New Horizons, St. Michaels, St. George...
Waiting to see if I get a reply. If anybody already knows - or knows of other schools I could research, that would be appreciated.

I will ask a friend what he pays at New Horizons

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Who would be dumb enough to pay that MUCH money for 1 year of school ????

Come on guys, get a grip !! Do you think your kids will be smarter because you pay and arm and a leg for them to go to that school ??? Let me laugh !!!

May 12, 2005
Who would be dumb enough to pay that MUCH money for 1 year of school ????

Come on guys, get a grip !! Do you think your kids will be smarter because you pay and arm and a leg for them to go to that school ??? Let me laugh !!!

The education there is top notch. But more important are the connections and networking your child and you can do. Lots of influential and important folks send their kids there.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Agreed. The child will receive a good education and will be surrounded by other children whose parents value education enough to shell out good money to send their kids there. Every child who goes to the school will attend college and my guess is that most will go on to graduate school. The children will learn from their friends that being smart is the way one should be. When the children grow up and become leaders in Dominican or US or European South American society somewhere, they will help each other just by knowing each other.

The education there is top notch. But more important are the connections and networking your child and you can do. Lots of influential and important folks send their kids there.