Just sold the house...

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
Weird. I never got too attached to my house, because I didn't want to feel bad when I sold it. I just completed the contract and it made me feel weird - slightly regretful. I didn't expect that. Despite the sale of the house affording me the opportunity to live in DR, it still feels...a little wrong. It's my first house. Oh well. No bigs. I guess that means I'll see you folks soon!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It depends on how long you lived in the house, and therefore how many "Memories" are attached to living there.
If it was only a few years, your "Weirdness" meter should not go up very far.
If you raised your kids there, "Weird" is "OK"!
If you want to feel "WEIRD", we are Waiting for you here!
"WEIRD" the DR's GOT!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
It depends on how long you lived in the house, and therefore how many "Memories" are attached to living there.
If it was only a few years, your "Weirdness" meter should not go up very far.
If you raised your kids there, "Weird" is "OK"!
If you want to feel "WEIRD", we are Waiting for you here!
"WEIRD" the DR's GOT!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The DR is the king of WEIRD!! :laugh:

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
"If you want to feel "WEIRD", we are Waiting for you here!"

That made me laugh out loud. Thank you, I needed that!

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
Congrats. Where are you coming from and where are you going to?

Coming from Northern Virginia / D.C area and going to Northern Coast / Puerta Plata area. I can't wait to give my friends a picture of The Finger in January...

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Weird. I never got too attached to my house, because I didn't want to feel bad when I sold it. I just completed the contract and it made me feel weird - slightly regretful. I didn't expect that. Despite the sale of the house affording me the opportunity to live in DR, it still feels...a little wrong. It's my first house. Oh well. No bigs. I guess that means I'll see you folks soon!

Weird is mitigated when you sell for what you were asking??????

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Coming from Northern Virginia / D.C area and going to Northern Coast / Puerta Plata area. I can't wait to give my friends a picture of The Finger in January...

OK. So you will miss the winters but already know about heat and some humidity. Welcome to my area.
Play any instruments or into music?

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
I used to play the drums in high school. I still keep a drum pad and sticks for the occasional play session. I also DJ'ed for a number of years but stopped when things headed away from vinyl. Huge music fan, but haven't played in a number of years.

Why? You got a band working down there?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I used to play the drums in high school. I still keep a drum pad and sticks for the occasional play session. I also DJ'ed for a number of years but stopped when things headed away from vinyl. Huge music fan, but haven't played in a number of years.

Why? You got a band working down there?

Yes, indeed. The band is called, The DRopouts.

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
So, it sounds as if I can get a decent dose of rock/blues in DR? Praise Jebus. If you guys cover any ZZTop, I promise I'll be your next groupie...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So, it sounds as if I can get a decent dose of rock/blues in DR? Praise Jebus. If you guys cover any ZZTop, I promise I'll be your next groupie...

And Stevie Ray Vaughan as well. Rumor has it we have a practice this weekend for a special performance.

HINT: ELVIS is in the building.

Now Mr Opposed, Diametric(ally), are in you in POP or closer to Sosua/Cabarete?

Last edited:

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
I don't have a place yet. A few folks on this board have been kind enough to give me some info, but I'll have to sort that out when I get there. Once I arrive, I'll be on a AI, but once that's over I have to get an apartment.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't have a place yet. A few folks on this board have been kind enough to give me some info, but I'll have to sort that out when I get there. Once I arrive, I'll be on a AI, but once that's over I have to get an apartment.

I sent you a PM. In that case people recommend you rent before you purchase. When will you be here?

I lived in the same house my whole life up until 5 months before I moved to the DR 6 months ago. So 36 years in that house.

I still grieve it! Mostly probably b/c my mom, g'pa died in that house and g'ma has Alzheimer's and was devastated about me not being able to take care of her anymore and she had to move into a care home.

I'm going back to Van soon and I really don't want to b/c i know i will go by that house and it will break my heart.

Congrats on the Sale of your house and your move to the DR!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I lived in the same house my whole life up until 5 months before I moved to the DR 6 months ago. So 36 years in that house.

I still grieve it! Mostly probably b/c my mom, g'pa died in that house and g'ma has Alzheimer's and was devastated about me not being able to take care of her anymore and she had to move into a care home.

I'm going back to Van soon and I really don't want to b/c i know i will go by that house and it will break my heart.

Congrats on the Sale of your house and your move to the DR!

I know how you feel Harley. The same thing happened with me when I sold my first house.

So many memories of my children growing up, the holidays spent together around the fire
place, opening Christmas gifts and roasting marshmallows.

I still think about the fond memories.:)