Mount gay rum in santo domingo.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Seems i run out muy rapido! I like the ron barcelo imperial but.... Anybody see it in Santo Domingo? Maybe i should just buy one of those blue drums and fill it with rum?

May 29, 2006
There's a Chip joke there in there somewhere about DR not wanting gay rum to corrupt their morals..

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Seems i run out muy rapido! I like the ron barcelo imperial but.... Anybody see it in Santo Domingo? Maybe i should just buy one of those blue drums and fill it with rum?
La Cadena has it, La Nacional, Drinks 2 Go. Plaza Lama, Bravo, etc. You probably won't find it at your local colmado but I have seen it in all the larger stores. I believe 800 pesos is the price.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanx. I have not seen it in la sirena, jumbo or carre four.

If you are near La Nacional on 27 at Lincoln I know for a fact they have as I bought a bottle last week and the La Cadena on Cervantes in Gascue has it on the shelf. And which should be no surprise the price at the supermarket is less than the price at the duty free at SDQ.

This is what you are looking for. Right?

dvj89c.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

can you clarify this posting, please? the title says Mount Gay, but you say nothing about it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, I am looking for mt gay rum. I can get the ron barcelo imperial everywhere. 800rd across the street.

good luck with that. the DR is not a country which is known for liberal trading policies. don't expect to see too many products from other regional islands on Dominican store shelves.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
I look everywhere for the rum. I really do like the ron barcelo imperial so i will be fine. And u cant beat the price. I did find crown royal here. Took me awhile, but i found it. But if any of u guys ever see the mt gay rum here please let me know. Maybe i just need one of those blue shipping containers. Hmmm food for thought.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is that rum gay when they make it, or does it go gay from environmental issues?

I hope you find your rum.