two kittens looking for homes

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ladies and gentlemen, let me interest you in leonel (white and ginger) and danilo (ginger):
2q2pldl.jpg

short bio:
the mother is a homeless cat we were feeding. when she was prego she decided our house was a safe place to have kittens. she was correct as the birth was a difficult one and she nearly died. she has used up half of her lives to pull through. she had three kittens, two boys and one girl, margarita, who unfortunately died.

leonel and danilo are lively, healthy boys. litter box trained. they eat cat food and any scraps you can generously offer. they resemble very much their human counterparts. lanilo is rather lazy and he used to love nothing more than taking a nap while having his ass licked by mama. replace mama with felix bautista and you have real leonel, amirite? danilo is a major pain in the culo because he wants to be everywhere all at once so all you see all day is this fiery orange ball pounce up and down.

we are in POP but i dare to put this in a living section because we will deliver the kittens within reasonable distance. maybe even unreasonable, if you live in SD and want both i can pack them up on one of miesposo's trips no problems.

take both and enjoy a complimentary bottle of ron!

kittens are dewormed but not vaccinated. they go well with other cats. they will go well with the dogs once they stopped being spooked by a bark.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i shall add that from the day of their birth they met nothing but love and affection. they are used to be tortured by hugs, squishes, squeezes and kisses. will do well with kids, i am sure since they are fine with being picked up, carried, patted and petted.
can be adopted together or separately.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Are they mousers? And will they live with dogs? If so, let me know when and where to meet you in the capital. The mice are taking over my house, the dogs are totally worthless to help, and if I poison the mice, the chickens will get into the poison.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they are 8 weeks old. they chase anything and everything. it's too early for me to tell what will become of them. their mother is a street cat, she is a great hunter, having survived living in the wild. to this day, despide full bowl she hunts lizards in the garden and consumes them on the spot.
they need to learn how to live with dogs. they certainly know the sight, sound and smell since we have 2 large dogs outside but you will need to break them and the dogs.
at this age they will do no harm to chickens. if they grow together this should not be an issue.
agian, they are small kittens, it's up to their future owner to teach them what is there to learn :)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
they are welcome here. The dogs have lived with cats before, so they will be fine. Though there is a new puppy, and he will have to learn about cat claws. He's pretty easy going, so I think he'll adjust well.

If you have no other takers, I would love to have them.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In my experience, the kittens tell the dogs what to do in a very short time.

Initially, they hide - then they fight back and all goes smoothly.

At one point , we had only a puppy and a kitten - literally, they played together all day long - chasing, boxing, etc.

Mice??? Like a fish to water.....

Good luck - and make good on the rum promise :laugh:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, at the beginning the kittens will hide. maybe even cry a bit but they have each other so they should be fine. i must warn you that together they are unstoppable force and a major entertainment source. they will shy away from dogs but since your dogs are familiar with cats it will only be a question of time before they all love one another. but i'd say you should give a week or so, those things do not happen overnight.

kittens are fully litter box trained but you will have to show them where the box, simply put them inside. if you want them to be indoor-outdoor you still need them to be inside only for few weeks until they get used to the new place. when ready to go outside simply place litter box next to the door, the following day outside the door and few days later remove it altogether.

don't expect mouse hunting straight away. kittens are still amused with each other tails :) but i have little stuffed mice at home and they are being energetically located and killed :) they respond to their names: danilo and leonel and come when called.

i so hope this will be a good ending to the story. the mother has suffered so much and was only hours away from death. the kitties had to be hand fed and i was peed on every 2 hours :) i think they deserve a chance to have a good life. mama was correct coming to our house.

i was supposed to write more but unfortunately had to attend a great food bowl explosion. the boys are filled with lots of energy today :)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I am free most mornings to run to the capital. The next time the esposo is headed down, send me a private message and we will coordinate a time and a place to meet.

So, pueroplataprincess, what do you have against kittens?

Kittens are a lot of work usually and naughty little guys but so are puppies. Worth all the trouble they cause!! I had a devil kitten that died a few months ago here in DR. I would wake up and he would attack my eyes and actually scratched my eye so i learned to cover my eyes when sleeping, or he would attack my feet at night. I miss him more than ever!! He was only in the DR for a short time but caught a few mice and geckos etc....
(He died at like 13 years of age)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I am free most mornings to run to the capital. The next time the esposo is headed down, send me a private message and we will coordinate a time and a place to meet.
So, pueroplataprincess, what do you have against kittens?

it's me, not the kittens. still, kinda sad, right?

where do you live, puryear? maybe we can arrange to deliver to your door.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Miss a cat that scratches your eyeballs and keeps you awake eating your feet.

You sure you ain't one of our sex tourists, they pay for that sh1t:bandit: sometimes marry them!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Are they mousers?

i blame you. all was well but suddenly yesterday fatso brought home live mouse he was going to kill in front of us. he managed to drop it and the entire house joined the chase: cats, kittens, miesposo and i. darn. i managed to steer the mouse towards the garden door and ensure its escape. as a revenge this morning we found parts of a bird under dining table.
so yeah, it looks like kittens are good hunters :)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
AWESOME. I live in Paya.

I forgot about the part that cats like to show off and share their killed prey. Still, it beats the mice getting into the pantry.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, miesposo will be going to SD on wednesday. we says he cannot stray to paya or bani as it would add a lot to his travel time and he is on fairly tight schedule. more to come via PM.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Yikes.... i would LOVE these babies, as I LOVE orange kitties.. I swear their "color" has something to do with their personalities. Anyway.. We are headed to the states in a few months, can I couldn't take a kitty home with us.. but gosh if I could have one here temporarily I'd do it in a heartbeat. Of course I know it's not fair to the kitties so I would never.. but WOW, enjoy those babies they are ADORABLE..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we are set for adoption tomorrow. all is ready. it is so sad to part with those little demons. i mean angels. sweet, little angels. danilo it trying to steal some computer cables, leonel is asleep on our laundry. they do not know yet...