What's your daily routine, a North Coast vs South Coast

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Maybe I should have entitled it: City vs Beach town living

When I read and talk with some expats they seem to not be enjoying living here. Maybe it's just banter because of the free time some have. Which made me wonder, what's your normal routine here?

I think it would be different for people living in city like SD compared to someone living in PP. Do you drive much here? Do you find enough to fill up your days.

Do most expats get together, visit each other homes, hang out?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well, not sure I qualify since I live on the East Coast ;)...

I work online from home so my week is Monday to Thursday work (60-70 hours / week). From Friday afternoon on it is Family time, doing trips around the area (yesterday we went to Miches, still everything itches from that dust road - it is a looong construction site from Bavaro to Miches).

Besides that no time to hang out with other Expats... Work and Family...

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
North Coast

Monday-Friday
Wake up, coffee, breakfast, walk on beach, exercise, internet, talk to friends, lunch, watch recorded tv shows from night before, nap, pool and/or walk on beach, dinner with friends, movie night or home early, go on dr1 to find ways to harass chip.

Weekends
Same as above but sleep in an hour or two later ;)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
RG, to elaborate... the above is a somewhat typical day.
But, there are trips thrown in to the capital, santiago, etc to see movies or have a nice dinner out.

I used to live in Santiago, but I prefer to live on the coast and visit the cities a few times a month rather than vice-versa.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
RG, to elaborate... the above is a somewhat typical day.
But, there are trips thrown in to the capital, santiago, etc to see movies or have a nice dinner out.

I used to live in Santiago, but I prefer to live on the coast and visit the cities a few times a month rather than vice-versa.

That was my original plan but I changed it and now I do the reverse. Sounds like a relatively stress free routine. I'm I correct?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
That was my original plan but I changed it and now I do the reverse. Sounds like a relatively stress free routine. I'm I correct?

Stress? Biggest challenge is deciding where to have dinner.

Occasionally I get an urge to go to Santiago or the capital for a couple of days. The noise, traffic, # of people, and lack of open spaces make me happy to get home every time. I'm a small town guy at heart, so this works for me.

North Coast

Monday-Friday
Wake up, coffee, breakfast, walk on beach, exercise, internet, talk to friends, lunch, watch recorded tv shows from night before, nap, pool and/or walk on beach, dinner with friends, movie night or home early, go on dr1 to find ways to harass chip.

Weekends
Same as above but sleep in an hour or two later ;)

It is to much to write it all again, so i just copy what you wrote CFA, and agree with it all.
((Exept the Harass chip part, and watch recorded TV shows part.)) :lick:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
My routine is very much city living. Up, work at 8am finish around 6ish, get home around 7-730ish. Eat, TV, bath time, bed time, Monday to Saturday. On Sunday I take my daughter to play in her car on one of the parks, swimming, then BBQ, bath time, bedtime, up in the morning and the week starts again.

One thing everyone I know who has lived in santo domingo for some time agrees with, if we did it again then we'd have done it elsewhere, but often work makes that very difficult, or commitments elsewhere. Personally, I have absolutely no idea why people move to the city to relax or retire, it's a sh1thole.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
My routine is very much city living. Up, work at 8am finish around 6ish, get home around 7-730ish. Eat, TV, bath time, bed time, Monday to Saturday. On Sunday I take my daughter to play in her car on one of the parks, swimming, then BBQ, bath time, bedtime, up in the morning and the week starts again.

One thing everyone I know who has lived in santo domingo for some time agrees with, if we did it again then we'd have done it elsewhere, but often work makes that very difficult, or commitments elsewhere. Personally, I have absolutely no idea why people move to the city to relax or retire, it's a sh1thole.

This coming from the guy who stares at his ceiling fan all day.....

Advice: Stop posting rable bable about subjects you know absolutely nothing about, and spend time with your significant other.....

Have a great day, you can do it!!

North Coast for me is going to bed at earliest at 2-3 am. I wake up anywhere from noon till 5pm depends if i am up all night on the lap or watching tv till 8 am. when i get up the wife makes me breakfast or i make my own food, if she is out. I hang with the dogs and go into the pool and then do some "light chores" or go to the store for food etc if need be, only d that 2-3 times a week. We take the dogs on a beach walk before darkness, another swim in the pool, maybe do something else around the house, look on my laptop. Go in the pool again and eat din. Mostly spend all night time out in the pool area looking at the stars, on my hammock on my laptop.

It's a hard life.
We do travel around the island a lot like every 2 weeks go somewhere new or weird and always get lost driving and end up on a kinda scary back road :)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
This coming from the guy who stares at his ceiling fan all day.....

Advice: Stop posting rable bable about subjects you know absolutely nothing about, and spend time with your significant other.....

Have a great day, you can do it!!

Ok, just because you told me to, I will stop posting about my life here, no problem. Do you have a life, it seems unlikely from your contributions.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I live in santiago and my daily routine is..

wake up, get out of bed, drag a comb across my head..

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
6-7 am wake up make coffee and relax on the balcon until 830 or so. Then i wake up the wife with coffee in bed followed by my favorite indoor sport. Then shower and have breakfast. Then i am ready for errands but before i can run errands i must give the wife some of her favorite indoor sport. Then we eat lunch. Then i am ready to run errands but first i must perform another round of amor. Then shower and minimo nap. Then i am ready to run my errands, but before we can do that we usually have one more round of killing the cat. My wife likes to say "cuando tu die de gato, de pero es muy feliz." I love the saying but i didnt realize the cat has 9 lives. So the cat often kills the dog and the dog is usually quite tired but muy tranquilo. So anyway by about 4 in the afternoon i am able to do my little bit of errand running. Come home and have dinner. We take turns cooking. She loves many of my moms old tried and true recipes. Rarely do we go out for dinner, too much money for hit or miss food. Then in the evenings we usually listen to music on the balcony for awhile while sipping rum or Presidente. Then off to the bedroom to watch television for awhile. Usually take another shower followed by another round of trying to kill the cat much to my dismay. I stay pretty tired but i am happy. At least i dont have to wait for my birthday or christmas for a blowjob anymore.

To sum it up, coffee, sex, food, sex, alcohol, sex. I love my Dominican life.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
I guess i should add that, it turns out that it really is true, the hoakie pokie is what its all about. Jajaja

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Kenthedentman. Love your post, but may I ask, how old are you? It's been years since I could do the hoakie pokie that much in one day.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Kenthedentman. Love your post, but may I ask, how old are you? It's been years since I could do the hoakie pokie that much in one day.

Yes, but we are on the net, we are all sex gods and studly thrust machines here! I have sex 300 times in my sleep every night and then 1000 times before breakfast when I awake, and I'm still horny by brunch.:smoke: