Few Quick Jarabacoa Questions.

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
Gracias in advance for any input.

1. Is the water in town still shut off on a weekly basis for maintenance?.
2. Is the food at the Pinar hotel still horrible?.
3. Do rainy seasons still exist on a regular basis?.
4. Is it still possible to wake-up there to the smell of fresh bread from the numerous bakeries?.

Or should I simply re-visit Constanza for that 1980's Jarabacoa experience?.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What you are going to go all the way to Jarabacoa for bread? Everything else sounds like you had a terrible time. No water, sh1t food, pi$$ing down all the time? I can sell you a crap vacation in Haiti and even try to throw in a little cholera:lick:

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
What you are going to go all the way to Jarabacoa for bread? Everything else sounds like you had a terrible time. No water, sh1t food, pi$$ing down all the time? I can sell you a crap vacation in Haiti and even try to throw in a little cholera:lick:

Umm, I lived there in the 80's and 90's...both in town as well as 5 miles outside off the road to Pico Duarte.

I've seen the new construction, and I would simply like to know what has changed prior to my return visit this winter.

Now **** off.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Jarabacoa has grown considerably in the past 10 years.
1. Water is usually only off for a couple of hours after a heavy rain.
2. There are considerably more choices for eating. I have not eaten at the Pinar Dorado.
3. Yes
4. Yes, depending on where you live.

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
Jarabacoa has grown considerably in the past 10 years.
1. Water is usually only off for a couple of hours after a heavy rain.
2. There are considerably more choices for eating. I have not eaten at the Pinar Dorado.
3. Yes
4. Yes, depending on where you live.

I noticed your recent photo of the valley, much has changed since Escuela Caribe closed there.

Jarabacoa Christian School - Start

I used to volunteer there as well.

Thanks for the update!

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
do rainy seasons change anywhere????

These floods were not always due to rain, hydroelectric plants used to open up their dams...of course without telling anyone.

Had my old photos not been destroyed, I would have uploaded one of the Jimenoa #1 waterfall. When I visited there, the fall doubled in size and flooded the entire place. It was a wild scene to say the least, 20 minutes later it was back to normal.

Have a good day!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
These floods were not always due to rain, hydroelectric plants used to open up their dams...of course without telling anyone.

Had my old photos not been destroyed, I would have uploaded one of the Jimenoa #1 waterfall. When I visited there, the fall doubled in size and flooded the entire place. It was a wild scene to say the least, 20 minutes later it was back to normal.

Have a good day!

The dam doesn't exist anymore. It was destroyed in 1998 by HURICANE GEORGES. There are two or three places on the road to Manabao where the road washes out during big rains.