I'm headed down and I'm looking for a place to stay

jon3

Aug 3, 2013
Hey Guys. My father is a traveler and told me that if I'm going to be doing this too, which I am starting friday, then I should look into the expat forums and get to know some people.

I'm leaving seattle for puerto plata this friday and I was going to stay at a hostel until I found an apt. But I personally would rather give my money to a friend rather then a business. Anybody know of a room that I could rent for me and my GF? I would love to be near the beach or a swimming pool as I'm not going to be acclimated to the heat right away :)

-j

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Jon,
Write your same post on the "everything cabarete" Facebook page. You should get a response quickly. Assuming you can deal with staying in cabarete. My guess is you'd like it. Beach town, youth oriented. You can thank me later ;)

Cabarete is about 20 minutes east of the puerto plata airport, whereas puerto plata city is about 10 minutes west of the airport

I would rather start my voyage by living in one of the "economical" hotels we have down here. Because i have sadly grown suspicious to everyone over the years.

Remember to leave enough money for a planeticket in a secure place, so you can go back home if you dont like it here.

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the Twillight Zone.