Carls Jr, thoroughly impressed!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I finally got a chance to try out Carl Jrs in Agora Mall. Wow, is all I can say. Completely impressed with the quality of products they use, especially the hamburgers and fries.

I can say without the slightest doubt that last night I had one of the best hamburgers of my life. I had the Portobello Mushroom burger and although the mushroom part of it was nice and tasty, it played second fiddle to the quality of the meat. The patty was juicy, cooked to perfection (as perfect as a fast food place can make it) and had an amazing top grade taste. The veggies were super fresh and the onion had all the crisp and none of that DR old onion taste.

I seem to recall the girl at the counter asking if I wanted the "Angus" patty, I said no. Not sure, if they "ran" out of regular patties or if what they gave me was their regular patty, either way, it was amazing.

Now here comes the best part and the part that blew me away, it cost me the same to eat at Carl Jrs as it does to eat at Wendys. To me, Wendys was the #1 fast food in the country, until last night.

As for Agora mall, well, it was around 10PM when I went on a Sunday night but I couldve sworn I heard crickets....

The "food court" was somewhat impressive and definitely the most diverse food court ive seen in the DR. The mall was completely empty though. Seemed like it was unfinished as well...especially the transition from mall to parking.

Food court had quite a few people and was the only part of the mall with anyone in it. Sadly Carl Jrs looked desolate and in the 30 mins I was there, only one other person bought something. Would truly hate to see this new fast food "gem" disappear. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

Sorry no pictures, Im not Pichardo. ;) That and I cant be bothered with a phone/camera when I have food in front of me... lol

May 29, 2006
onion_news3262_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

Local Man Would Like Fries With That | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Area Man Unsure What To Do With All The Extra Ketchup Packets | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Area Man To Hang Out At McDonald's For 20 Minutes Until Lunch Menu Goes Up | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Lol, what a long review for a burger! It must have been very good!

It was better than very good. lol

Initially all I was going to say was that the burgers are great, give them a try. But when I "flashedback" to the meal, it was like Carl himself started advertising through my keyboard.

They really were that good though. Takes a lot to impress me when it comes to food, and this was another level. Way better than Johnny Rockets at a fraction of the price.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I'm not a fan of fast food, but the OP is right. The food at Carls Jr. Is above par. I've had the guacamole burger and it was awesome!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
carls jr? as advertised by paris herpes? maybe next time i'm in SD. so far all the chains have been a disappointment for me.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We seldom went to the fast food places when we lived in the U.S.

We stopped at the Burger King in POP last month. First time and last.

About the only U.S. franchise that we will visit is the Baskin Robbins while we are in S.D. when we stay near one.

We see no reason to change our old U.S. lifestyle to an unhealthy one just cause a U.S. chain store opens up. Food or otherwise. I see no reason to go back to BAD habits either.

After all? Didn't you move here for a change and to get away from some of that stuff?

(Can't wait for a Walmart?) Oh pleeezzzzze........ NOT.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've never had Baskin Robbins in DR, but my brother-in-law owned a Helados Bon, and they have some seriously good flavors!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Ringo" I can bet that you have a Dominicano in your family.
Only Dominicanos want to go to Baskin Robbins to pay way too much money for lousy ice cream, and then brag about it!
"Helados Bon"
"Que Buenos Son"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I've never had Baskin Robbins in DR, but my brother-in-law owned a Helados Bon, and they have some seriously good flavors!!!!

YEARS ago tried them a couple of times. Will give then another try.

But really? You moved to the D.R. cause you had all the fast food places and now the markets carry your brands of foods? That the Walmart type stores are around the corner?

Hint... read the labels in the markets and you might see for "EXPORT ONLY". And you will figure out why after you open the can.

You can have a custom made just about anything for less then you would pay for the overpriced, Made In China, at the Big Box store. Really! We ask around and find the artisan, show him what we want out all the details and we get some very impressive work. A little more time on our part but we meet some honest people working at making a living and we get good stuff.

Talking with several Doctors down here they all come up with the same conclusion. The Dominicans, in general, have a health crisis. Diabetes, high blood pressure, blindness and obesity has been on the rise for about 10 years across the board for most Dominicans. They recognize that is when fast foods and processed foods starting entering the Country.

Funny how SOOOOO MANY say that they want to become a part of the Dominican culture..... then run to the franchise.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well Ringo, we've never eaten in any franchise in DR. We rarely eat at them in the US either.

To us, fast food in DR is grabbing a pollo al carbon :laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Ringo, you are right about all the diseases that affect Dominicans, and yes, it is due
, in part, to their diet, but also, in part to their heritage.
And, the vast majority of Dominicans eat, "Fried Everything, including salami, and cheese, SALTED Everything, and put sugar in EVERYTHING else.
You can blame "Imported Fast Food" if you want, that's Soooooooooooooooo Dominican, "No Es MI Culp", but there are not enough Dominicans who can afford "Fast Food", or even enough "Fast Food" locations in the whole country for that blame to hold any water!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ringo, you are right about all the diseases that affect Dominicans, and yes, it is due
, in part, to their diet, but also, in part to their heritage.
And, the vast majority of Dominicans eat, "Fried Everything, including salami, and cheese, SALTED Everything, and put sugar in EVERYTHING else.
You can blame "Imported Fast Food" if you want, that's Soooooooooooooooo Dominican, "No Es MI Culp", but there are not enough Dominicans who can afford "Fast Food", or even enough "Fast Food" locations in the whole country for that blame to hold any water!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I can only "post" what health professionals have told me and what I have observed over the years.

Did they all have a "healthy" diet before? You have more background experience then I do. But can you explain the massive change in the health of the average Dominican in the last 10 or so years?

Can they ALL afford and buy this stuff. Of course not but those exposed are most likely to change their eating habits and that is what the Doctors are seeing.

Funny. A new little store way up in the hills sells "Pringles" where no one ever heard about them or any idea what they are. Go figure.