Inversor

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Buy a Trace with Trojan T-105 batteries and save yourself the headaches....

Its the best brand of inversor available and the best brand of batteries. Will provide years of headache free service. Remember to top off the batteries every month and you will not have a problem for 5 yrs.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Its the best brand of inversor available and the best brand of batteries. Will provide years of headache free service. Remember to top off the batteries every month and you will not have a problem for 5 yrs.

Agreed on Trojan T-105s.

However, Trace no longer is the brand name for new inverters. Xantrex bought them years ago. An inverter with the name Trace on it is either used, old stock or counterfeit. Xantrex is the new name and from what I understand they no longer make the DR series (named for the Dominican Republic which is the true "war zone" and most stressful country in the world for inverters). You won't go wrong with a Xantrex inverter.

That said, I have been happy with an inverter from Megatone/Inverluz. Very similar in form and function to the old Trace DR series at a much lower price. Cobraboy seems to like his as well.

http://megatonerd.com/productos.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=18

You have to contact them for prices.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
Is $13,000 pesos, a good price for a 2 battery inversor? Thanks.

With or without installation? What kind of batteries (I'd go with Trojan if I were you). In any case, it seems like a very low price, if you are talking about an inversor de 1.6 kW. Where did you get the offer? My advice is to buy a brand new inversor with ok specs fromfrom a decent electronics company. Even though it might cost you a bit more, it will probably be cheaper than if you need to repair an inversor of inferior quality from time to time. Check this link out, that's where I bought mine after being recommended by family members (who, by the way, never have had any problems with their equipment):

APR Electronic. Inversores

They only have stores in SD, and I guess you don't live there since most DR1 people doesn't. But it will give you some sense of prices and I'm sure you can find a good store in your vicinity.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm not certain of the make/model etc Cobraboy. But it is a users invertor and new battery. That's all I know for now.
Without the specs hard to say if it's a worthwhile investment.

For instance, a 12v in/1.5kw out is a dog for the price unlessss you want to ryn simple lights, etc.

A 24v in/3.5kw out is smokin'. I doubt that it because the batteries max at 12v. A 24v system is much more stable and efficient, especially for charging. Also generates less heat.

FTR: our Inverluz 24v/3.5kw has performed flawlessly.

Makinater

May 4, 2013

Trojan T-105, because Burgundy is Beautiful ...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It'll be for lights but more importantly for the fridge. Would 3.5kw be right for this use?

You could go with a 2.5 KW unit, but 3.5 KW allows room for growth. At least 8 batteries if you go that way unless your blackouts are very short.

Here is a Good and Free advice for this country:

If you can get something used electrical equipment for a "special price, only for you my fren"- Well then there is more than likely some hidden problem with it.

You will probably regret that purchase very soon.