Reprimands??

Jan 9, 2004
As hard as President Medina has worked to improve the country, there are others working just as hard to continue the negative reputation of the DR....and they are winning.

The government can put out all the press releases they want....and offer tax breaks/financial incentives for businesses to invest there....but at the end of the day....these are the kinds of things that will keep serious foreign investors looking elsewhere.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...an-Republic-generals-linked-to-vanished-US15M

Reprimands indeed.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1.5 million dollars in cash and jewels kept at home, guarded with illegal firearms? we are not talking robbing law abiding citizens here. i feel no sympathy.

Diametric

Mar 20, 2012
Reprimands makes me think of this:

[video=youtube;nmMT0ZbNOHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMT0ZbNOHY[/video]

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I wish I could steal 1.5million dollars, and only get a repremand... (just joking, but holy crap.. a reprimand?? That's it?)

Be glad they at least got that. Generals normally are above even reprimands...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
1.5 million dollars in cash and jewels kept at home, guarded with illegal firearms? we are not talking robbing law abiding citizens here. i feel no sympathy.

Just because the stolen goods came from a dodgy source it doesn't justify the bent cops helping themselves! A top cop steals $1.5M and just gets a slap on the wrist? That's not right anywhere - even in the DR.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I wouldn't be suprised if those safes were the real reason the house was raided in the first place, the whole thing must have been planned: steal the cash, find or plant illegal guns, and lock away the owners. A few million pesos to buy the judges and they got themselves a little retirement package.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Just because the stolen goods came from a dodgy source it doesn't justify the bent cops helping themselves! A top cop steals $1.5M and just gets a slap on the wrist? That's not right anywhere - even in the DR.

it's just robin hooding. no biggie.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Its really not unreasonable to think that a wealthy person would keep a safe given the fact that the banks rob you down here. Seventeen generals that is mind boggling in itself.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Several years ago, the generals in the Policia National decided to keep over 150 jepetas that were stolen, and then recovered by the "Policia", for them selves.
After they got caught, they returned the jepetas to their original owners.
End-Of-Story!!!
And you wonder why the "Policia', Military, and politicians get zero respect???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Crisco this is one of the most common forms of theft by the police / military. Keeping confiscated vehicles and other properties for themselves or to give to "girlfriends", relatives, etc...A while back my brother (a used car dealer) got one of his cars stolen. The car was eventually found and he was advised the car was at Plan Piloto. When he went to try to get his car back a police officer already had it and was using it as his own personal vehicle...long story short the only reason my brother was able to get it back is because he had connections more powerful than the officer...and of course nothing happened to the guy.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was telling a General about a girl friend of mine who's boyfriend had two huge Mercedes.
He said that he could get me one anytime I wanted.
We pull him over, ask him to open the trunk, as he opens the trunk, we put a kilo of "Coca" inside.
When he comes back, we ask him if it's his car, if he says "SI", we say then the "Coca" is his, and he is going to prison for 10 years!
If the car is not his, he can leave.
He said they ALWAYS leave!
They get some really nice houses from drug dealers the same way.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC