Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reprimands??

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reprimands??

As hard as President Medina has worked to improve the country, there are others working just as hard to continue the negative reputation of the DR....and they are winning.

The government can put out all the press releases they want....and offer tax breaks/financial incentives for businesses to invest there....but at the end of the day....these are the kinds of things that will keep serious foreign investors looking elsewhere.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/loc...vanished-US15M

Reprimands indeed.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

1.5 million dollars in cash and jewels kept at home, guarded with illegal firearms? we are not talking robbing law abiding citizens here. i feel no sympathy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Reprimands makes me think of this:

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I wish I could steal 1.5million dollars, and only get a repremand... (just joking, but holy crap.. a reprimand?? That's it?)
    Be glad they at least got that. Generals normally are above even reprimands...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    1.5 million dollars in cash and jewels kept at home, guarded with illegal firearms? we are not talking robbing law abiding citizens here. i feel no sympathy.
    Just because the stolen goods came from a dodgy source it doesn't justify the bent cops helping themselves! A top cop steals $1.5M and just gets a slap on the wrist? That's not right anywhere - even in the DR.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be suprised if those safes were the real reason the house was raided in the first place, the whole thing must have been planned: steal the cash, find or plant illegal guns, and lock away the owners. A few million pesos to buy the judges and they got themselves a little retirement package.

7. Likes JohnnyBoy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Just because the stolen goods came from a dodgy source it doesn't justify the bent cops helping themselves! A top cop steals $1.5M and just gets a slap on the wrist? That's not right anywhere - even in the DR.
    it's just robin hooding. no biggie.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

""Ill give you some of these gringo pesos, if you kindly just forget all about these money- Comrade"

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I wish I could steal 1.5million dollars, and only get a repremand... (just joking, but holy crap.. a reprimand?? That's it?)
    I wish I could ... and I'm NOT joking... LOL

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i know i would.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast