Dominicans Now Have One More Thing To Be "Proud" Of!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
13 Major League baseball players were suspended for 50 games yesterday, and one, "A ROID",(Alex Rodriguez) got an over 200 game suspension!
Of the 13 player suspended for illegal use of "Performance Enhancing Drugs", all were "Latinos", and 9 were Dominicans!!!
They will not be paid during the suspensions.
"A Roid" held a news conference yesterday.
When a reporter asked him why he used the drugs, Rodriguez looked at him for a moment, thought for a moment, and said, "No Fui YO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i thought the players are kinda rich? they could retire with all they made so far?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hey what can I say we're number one when it comes to Baseball...thus it comes as no surprise we're number one in juicing as well...:devious:

A little story here. My little brother was a decent prospect. Left-handed pitcher, 6+ feet tall, threw high 80's low 90's (obviously could have improved to mid-to high 90's with the proper training, etc). When he was trying to get drafted the guy (buscon) who was working with him was pushing him to get some "shots". I told him this was stupid, because in the end he would get discovered, banned, etc...long story short a couple of the other guys who were in the same group as him are now drafted and yes they were (or are) juicing, my brother on the other hand is out of the running and now too "old" to get drafted...so did he do himself a favor by being "honest"? I'm sure he doesn't think so nowadays.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Alex Rodriguez Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

kinda rich?

335 million.... makes 33 million a year...

so wowow boo hoo he does not get paid for 200 games... big deal.

now if he had been booted forever, that would have been something that might have said they were serious about drug use.. but what is that... a couple of years? Even if he cannot play any more.. even if he is too old or cannot come back because he is cold.. he has made more than well...

in our dreams

Mar 1, 2009
Hey Criss, at least we got people who are major league. You boricua's can't even say no fui yo, porque NUNCA LO FUERON!
Concerning that fool ARamRod, he may have Dominican heritage, but he ain't Dominican in my eyes. I always thought he was Cuban.
NOW, is the first time he EVER mentions anything about DR, because he wants the support of "his people".
He can crawl into a ditch and lay there for all I care while he ticks away the days, hours, minutes & seconds until the end of his suspension.
I've met him in the clubs I've worked in and he is so arrogant he deserves everything he gets. The press hates him. Wonder why?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
A-Rod is still allowed to play while appealing the decision. Not sure about the others

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
That bitch aint dominican, give me a break! he could be suspended for eternity n aint no dominican giving a ****.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
A-Rod is still allowed to play while appealing the decision. Not sure about the others

Anna, so far he is only one appealing. The rest, that we know of so far, accepted their 50 game suspension and are not appealing, so aren't playing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
That bitch aint dominican, give me a break! he could be suspended for eternity n aint no dominican giving a ****.

for the first time in my life you made me check a sports trick bio on wiki :) to me alex rodriguez is just a dude with a distinct taste in ripped ladies, i only know him from bonking madonna and a string of muscular "women" with poor tuck in.
in any case, you are correct, the dude was born in nueva yol. he ain't no dominican, he is americano! there was so much holla about rightist half wits b**ching about mark anthony singing some patriotic tunes, being mexican, spanish and foreigner to boot and the world stood up bringing up the fact he is, in fact, american born american. why is a-rod suddenly all dominican?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Anna, so far he is only one appealing. The rest, that we know of so far, accepted their 50 game suspension and are not appealing, so aren't playing.

Probably because there is a big difference between getting a 50 games suspension and a 200 plus game suspension.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
For some reason I watched his new conference yesterday when he addressed the media in Chicago before the game with the White Sox. A-Roid specifically thanked his Dominican supporters in that news conference and all Latinos, everywhere, or something like that. Apparently, A-Roid self-identifies with being Dominican, to some degree, regardless of where he was born.

for the first time in my life you made me check a sports trick bio on wiki :) to me alex rodriguez is just a dude with a distinct taste in ripped ladies, i only know him from bonking madonna and a string of muscular "women" with poor tuck in.
in any case, you are correct, the dude was born in nueva yol. he ain't no dominican, he is americano! there was so much holla about rightist half wits b**ching about mark anthony singing some patriotic tunes, being mexican, spanish and foreigner to boot and the world stood up bringing up the fact he is, in fact, american born american. why is a-rod suddenly all dominican?

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
watch for yourself

Ian O'Connor -- Alex Rodriguez's entire career was a hoax - ESPN New York

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i started reading but it was too much about sport, i understood nothing.
a-rod may identify himself with whoever he wants: he's still american.
is 200 games a lot, btw? i thought bans were seasonal: whatever number of seasons, done. game ban would be longer, right? because if the team loses early in season they will play less games? or this dead boring baseball is different?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i started reading but it was too much about sport, i understood nothing.
a-rod may identify himself with whoever he wants: he's still american.
is 200 games a lot, btw? i thought bans were seasonal: whatever number of seasons, done. game ban would be longer, right? because if the team loses early in season they will play less games? or this dead boring baseball is different?

Yes, he's American by birth, but his ethnicity is Dominican. If you had a child in DR, it would still be half Polish, no??

I know it's hard for others to understand, but Americans [except the indigenous Indians] are ALL immigrant stock, and many of us still identify with our ethnic roots. It's not unusual for one of us to ask another what we are. And by that we mean Italian, Jewish, English, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian, etc.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that's what i mean, AE, if you had to look at the roots most americans would not be american at all. and they would not like it :)
my hypothetical kid would be 100% polish. in laws would insist on it being 100% domincan thou ;)

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
They have him dead to rights on the charges about the drugs.
They know it and he knows it.
His threat to appeal the decision is just that. A threat.
His feelings of "self-entitlement" are off the charts.
He knows that his legacy in the game of baseball is shot and that he will be remembered as probably the most hated man
on the field............
He has not yet learned that famous lesson about......
Know when to hold them..
Know when to fold them.
He is about to learn,
The hard way.
Karma.
A-ROD......YOU'RE OUT !!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well you guys may not want to claim him as Dominican now that he's been outed, but to me he's just as Dominican as any other DominicanYork. He has never denied being Dominican and visits the country on a regular basis. He LOVES Santiago and has been known to date a few girls from there...something he has in common with AZB. Granted that with all his money he could have done a few things (i.e. a foundation for underprivileged kids in his beloved Santiago).

So while he's not my favorite player by a long shot I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and deny his heritage. I'm sure the same people claiming he's not Dominican would have been the first ones calling for the president to give him the keys to the country had he continued to play and break the all time home run record.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
On NBC News this morning, they said that he is appealing the length of the banning, not the banning itself. This was said after they read a statement made on his behalf by his lawyer. It sounded pretty clear that he's not denying using, just upset about the 200+ games.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Yes, he's American by birth, but his ethnicity is Dominican. If you had a child in DR, it would still be half Polish, no??

I know it's hard for others to understand, but Americans [except the indigenous Indians] are ALL immigrant stock, and many of us still identify with our ethnic roots. It's not unusual for one of us to ask another what we are. And by that we mean Italian, Jewish, English, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian, etc.

Correct. We are all classified by our ethnicity(roots) first, then our nationality(place of birth)
in the US.

A Dominican born in the US is classified as a Dominican American not an American Dominican.

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
Yeah yeah, "dominican" -_- aint nobody giving a **** bout his future here other than his dominican chicas.