visiting santiago

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Gonna be visiting Santiago this weekend. Need hotel recommendations and also what American restaurants do they have there? i.e. I know about kfc...do they have a red lobster,tacobell,wendies,outback,etc...
can I get a map of the city anywhere? Been here(pop) 7 months and retirement is going great.
Thanks

Jaxter

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
TGIF, Tony Roma's, Chilis, chef peppers (american style food), quiznos sandwich and the rest of FFC, burger king etc.
santiago is small so every place is nearby. Book a room via internet in GranAlmirante hotel and you will get good prices this way. They have a swimming pool and gym.
enjoy your stay in santiago.
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
TGIF, Tony Roma's, Chilis, chef peppers (american style food), quiznos sandwich and the rest of FFC, burger king etc.
santiago is small so every place is nearby. Book a room via internet in GranAlmirante hotel and you will get good prices this way. They have a swimming pool and gym.
AZB
I think Chilis is closed.

May 12, 2005
Gonna be visiting Santiago this weekend. Need hotel recommendations and also what American restaurants do they have there? i.e. I know about kfc...do they have a red lobster,tacobell,wendies,outback,etc...
can I get a map of the city anywhere? Been here(pop) 7 months and retirement is going great.
Thanks

Jaxter

Why not sample the local cuisine? Have lunch at La Marchena on Av. Estrella Sadhala across from PUCMM. Also next to Hotel Platino, a small hotel that might meet what you are looking for.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
AZB

Great list, let me just add Wendy's which is located right next to Quiznos in the Bravo Supermarket. Ohh and Square one by PUCMM serves great american style breakfast.
I think Chilis is closed.

The word in the streets is that they're coming back to Santiago.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Jax how are you liking living in POP????!!!

I like living in pop because it is not too big and not too small. Everyone knows just about everyone and we gringos are known to everyone. It kinda makes me feel safe. Housing is plentiful but you need boots on the ground to see what you like. Dosent rain much here and though its hot, there is a constant breeze off the ocean. I miss American food especially Red Lobster and Outback steakhouse :). I like collard greens from Georgia so I grow my own on my roof. I cook most of the time because Dominican food is ok but not all the time. I have a secure apartment and good neighbors and they always watchout for me and I them.

I miss American food too! It's painful!! That Burger King in POP is HORRIBLE!!! Never tasted fast food that was sooo gross!!!
2 days and I'm in food heaven for 16 days....CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Well it's Canadian American Food I will be enjoying :) Maybe some American if I have time to go to Seattle :bandit: