Should pesticides be labelled

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Should pesticides be labelled this something to me is very important. There seem to be a double standard for example Monsanto is so proud of their corn because if any insect eats it they will die and this includes eating the seeds. Than say it is complete safe when did you ever see a sign on a Raid can saying it is good for your breakfast. To me this is an insecticide and yet they ship in tons of GMO corn into the DR with no warning that it is an insecticide. They process it here and sell it to the public without warning. I like it when I buy some popcorn and see a bug eating it I know it has been grown here and it is safe.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
sounds like a good way to test your food....may adopt that myself lol.
seriously you are quite right...pesticides should be labeled....dare say someone will counter this view!!!!!!!!

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Pesticides are bad enough but whats really dangerous is herbicides like PARAQUAT. Banned in most countries but sold here and used by the unsuspecting camposinos. This chemical kills and causes allot of health damage. Should not be sold anywhere.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Interesting that when Sony tried to come out with a keyboard and mouse that had silver impregnated in it to make it anti virus and anti bacteria. The FDA who hater silver jumped all over them saying that it had to have a pesticide label on it to be sold. The GMO do not have a warning and they have legislated themselves into a position that any damage caused by their products they can’t be held responsible.

GMO CORN is not a pesticide, where did you get that Info?

RR ready beans are GMO AS WELL they are tolerant to being sprayed with ROUND UP which kills all the weeds except the bean plant.

Same thing goes with RR Corn, Genetically modified, Round up can bs applied to kill all weeds except the corn plant...

:laugh::laugh:

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
The GMO corn is a pesticide [insecticide] and will kill any insect that eats it they also make a round up resistant corn. It is not hard to find the Monsanto BT corn that’s genetically engineered to kill insects advertisements for there corn that they are insect resistant and when they say insect resistant they mean it kill insects. It is also suspected of killing bees. This corn comes into the DR by the tons.