new low for crime

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
That's why crime is so low in the Middle East.:tired: due to severe punishments.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
only that in the middle east they cut off the hands of the thief and not the victim :(

Feb 7, 2007
I don't think the article is telling the whole truth. It was either a payback for something or they didn't cut his two hands. maybe they caused cuts on his two hands. But the article is quite "calm" it doesn't say the victim was seriously injured and taken to that and that hospital, or was bleeding, or anything, just that the victim denounced the attack at the police station and says the value was 35k pesos. If he was really dismembered of his two arms, I think the article would have quite a different tone in it, you could "visualize" the bloodshed and the agony of the victim. this was just a basic crime report so again, I do not think he really had his two hands or arms cut (cut like amputated).

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Yeah... Article doesn't sound all that sensationalized.. But pictures do tell a thousand words and this one's lacking.

It is a message. Dont steal- Dont spray paint in the street- Dont mock another gang- etc etc.

Also, Please keep in mind the heartless Media is trying to get as many "clicks" as possible, this means they get more money on their ads. Money money money.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It's a deterrent, I came here from living in an animal sanctuary in The Gambia where rape victims have thier breasts cut off as a kind of rapists mark. Very sad, but about 75% of them end up like this. But I must remind you this is a place where even thinking a homosexual thought gets men much much worse under orders of government, openly.