DR College Questions

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
Does anyone know what the acceptance rates are? Which ones have 90-100 percent acceptance?
Which are th best ones?
How much does it cost to take a course?
How much does it cost to complete a BA, Master's degree or doctorate?
Which ones are accredited by the USA?

I am thinking about a master's or doctorate in the DR but I have a lot of questions. Any answers would be helpful. Thanx.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Does anyone know what the acceptance rates are? Which ones have 90-100 percent acceptance?
Which are th best ones?
All colleges here have very strict acceptance rate; Your pockets have to be full of "wisdom".

How much does it cost to take a course?
Depends on which school; I think PUCMMA is one of the most expensive; UTESA is a cheaper alternative but not as recognized as the latter.

How much does it cost to complete a BA, Master's degree or doctorate?
Again, depends on the school. You should check their website and call them up, ask for registrar department and they will orientate you on costs.

Which ones are accredited by the USA?
That's a tough one; I think PUCMMA has a relationship with Florida Tech or some other FL school and they will give you credits in that school. The whole idea of a graduate degree (as far as I know) is to be exposed to research; here, unless your studying medicine, you probably won't be exposed to much.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you have a BA degree? In what field?

The normal succession of events are for those that can, get their first degree here and then go overseas for graduate degrees

There are graduate programs here, but none that I know of in the fields you mention except Education and Business Administration/Finance and related fields. Political Science--as far as I know--is not an option at the under or graduate level.

Again, you must have good Spanish to enroll in any of them, not street Spanish.

The PUCMM, Intec and UNIBE and perhaps UNPHU are the three or four places you should visit. If you are Dominican, even an overseas Dominican, you get preferential treatment as far as tuition goes.

Good Luck.

HB