Wake up call received

Status
Not open for further replies.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
A year ago a friend our age went in to the hospital for a routine knee replacement and got out without that leg attached anymore.

About 7 weeks ago, another friend had a fairly routine back surgery. We just visited him. What we found, however, was a man in serious pain and unintentionally 30 lbs lighter!! As I write this, he is back in the hospital awaiting a fifth surgery, still in pain and still losing weight. He went from being an extremely fit, active man to being unable to walk without a walker, just like that!! And he's about our age as well.

So we have cast off our complacency and have decided to rearrange our priorities. We had always planned an "extended journey" to see more of the world. We going NOW, while we still can.

We hope our beloved beachfront condo will be available when we get back, but just doesn't make financial sense to pay rent while traveling elsewhere. This means we need to get rid of a lot of stuff, but that's ok, it's just stuff.

Last night bought an ad on DR1 for the car and I will buy another as soon as I can get organized for the larger items I need to sell. But there are many small items, more appropriate for a garage sale. I've never seen a garage sale in our complex and don't think it would be wise in the DR anyway.

Anyone know of a consignment shop on the North Coast? Or maybe a second hand store that might buy things?

And where else should I be placing ads for sale?

Thanks!!

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Two Facebook pages to look at:

Everything Cabarete, and another one: Everything Sosua

They're free

Status
Not open for further replies.