Gay US ambassador for dominican republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- President Barack Obama?s choice for ambassador to the Dominican Republic is part of an historic class of nominees that would more than double the number of openly gay top diplomats to have ever held the post. Fresh off gay rights victories in the Supreme Court, Obama chose gay men for the diplomatic post in four countries and one Europe-based intergovernmental organization.

But the choice of James ?Wally? Brewster, a top campaign fundraiser and prominent gay rights activist in Chicago, has angered religious leaders in this deeply Catholic country, sparking fears that

Read more here: SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic: Gay nominee for US ambassador criticized, praised in Dominican Republic - Americas - MiamiHerald.com

This could add a new meaning to sankie panky

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
President Obama's choice of Mr. James Brewster as ambassador to the Dominican Republic is a good one.
It will help to get the conversation going.
The Dominican people will learn that homosexuality is not something to be hidden, ashamed of, or mocked.
It is a learning process and while the people of the D.R. might be a little late to the party, it is never too late to take that step into the 21st century.
Communication is, after all, at the heart of diplomacy.
The snowball rolling down the hill started off pretty small and watch it grow........

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
why all this gay celebration in the media and in politics? what is so great about being gay? if I were born gay, I would just cut my own head and throw it in bin.
AZB

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yeah, a gay embassador is bad for DR. I never heard a single complaint when a thief son of a b!tch like Hans Hertell was appointed to that same position, or when he lobbied for Barrick Gold to do all kind of disasters in the country. Masses are stupid, there's no doubt.

Dec 26, 2011
Yes. It's a reference to a time when homosexuals were burned alive by the Church. They were used as kindling to stoke the fires burning more "prominent" offenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.