We've gone LOCK DOWN!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I've reported about our little area in Playa Chiquita not to long ago. It appears that we are entering J.R.'s world not to far from us, but no one has been shot yet. (but we are know into no more warning shots.)

As reported before, everyone has been robbed at least one this last year except for us. I'm NOT bragging. We have changed our security and changed as conditions and situations have.

Quick and just the last couple of months.
Background:
Neighbors next door robbed 6 weeks ago while out to dinner. They have drastically increased security.
3 weeks ago: Some "shoot out" in the street and no one knows anything.
2 weeks ago: Dogs barking and I'm up in the middle of the night.
2 days ago: Another attempt at my neighbors house at 3:30 AM with lots of gunfire from the night watch summoned from across the street.

We have had several conversations with our neighbors and while they are working to upgrade we are trying to watch their back. We also have changed, again. Hard to have a neighbor hood watch of only 2 at our end of the road.

Watch your place but also... work with your neighbors and watch each others.

Just sharing

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
sorry to hear you are having to keep on your guard....don't know what the solution is but hoping you receive support
regards J

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I recommend a 12 gauge loaded with double-odd buckshot as a home defense against a home invasion. You don't have to be a good shot with that.

Personally, if someone has broken into my house, I will blast them, no hesitation.

I've reported about our little area in Playa Chiquita not to long ago. It appears that we are entering J.R.'s world not to far from us, but no one has been shot yet. (but we are know into no more warning shots.)

As reported before, everyone has been robbed at least one this last year except for us. I'm NOT bragging. We have changed our security and changed as conditions and situations have.

Quick and just the last couple of months.
Background:
Neighbors next door robbed 6 weeks ago while out to dinner. They have drastically increased security.
3 weeks ago: Some "shoot out" in the street and no one knows anything.
2 weeks ago: Dogs barking and I'm up in the middle of the night.
2 days ago: Another attempt at my neighbors house at 3:30 AM with lots of gunfire from the night watch summoned from across the street.

We have had several conversations with our neighbors and while they are working to upgrade we are trying to watch their back. We also have changed, again. Hard to have a neighbor hood watch of only 2 at our end of the road.

Watch your place but also... work with your neighbors and watch each others.

Just sharing

I can give you a little details from Puerto Chiquito Area, Mods are free to delete it if Ringo feels like it is hijacking.

About 7weeks ago Haitian entered an empty apartment thru the window, lived there for two days before we found him. Shotgunshells and other items were found on him.
5weeks ago shooting in the night. Dogs alarming
4 weeks ago shooting in the night. Dogs alarming
2 weeks ago Another break in during the day, the thief were spotted while he were trying to force himself thru a window, he escaped.
1 week ago, neighbour was driving to the airport to pick up his wife in the evening, thiefs entered his home and were leaving with big TV and computer. The night guard stopped them and a gunfight started. Haitian male escaped, women arrested.
Yesterday during the daytime a thief enterd the property and were spotted on the videocam, we almost hunted him down, but sadly the critter escaped before we could sink our claws into him.

Be careful out there people. It is getting "hotter" out there.

We have started 24hours security out here now, experienced and armed x-military are about to take over the security.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thanks Jilly and F.B. I've posted several times about having several layers of security and NEVER have a false sense of one.

It's my neighbors that are freaking out and I'm doing everything I can to help them. At the same time, we have implemented all of our security. Some things we just stopped doing and we have a kick in our butt via our neighbors.

One thing is we gave them a whistle. They blow on it and it will wake me up.

Usually it is Dec. that we see these increases but times are tough this year.

As we know, or have read, other areas also are having more problems. IMO... it's up the the home owner to take actions as needed.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I can give you a little details from Puerto Chiquito Area, Mods are free to delete it if Ringo feels like it is hijacking.

About 7weeks ago Haitian entered an empty apartment thru the window, lived there for two days before we found him. Shotgunshells and other items were found on him.
5weeks ago shooting in the night. Dogs alarming
4 weeks ago shooting in the night. Dogs alarming
2 weeks ago Another break in during the day, the thief were spotted while he were trying to force himself thru a window, he escaped.
1 week ago, neighbour was driving to the airport to pick up his wife in the evening, thiefs entered his home and were leaving with big TV and computer. The night guard stopped them and a gunfight started. Haitian male escaped, women arrested.
Yesterday during the daytime a thief enterd the property and were spotted on the videocam, we almost hunted him down, but sadly the critter escaped before we could sink our claws into him.

Be careful out there people. It is getting "hotter" out there.

We have started 24hours security out here now, experienced and armed x-military are about to take over the security.

NOT hijacking at all and thank you. I had not heard of this one but not surprised. Please PM me if you have specific details. I'd like to know who else in my area is having problems and hook up.

Thanks.

Edit: Different area I just noticed but CLOSE enough. Time to TRY to unit.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
NOT hijacking at all and thank you. I had not heard of this one but not surprised. Please PM me if you have specific details. I'd like to know who else in my area is having problems and hook up.

Thanks.

Isn't Puerto Chiquito several miles away from Playa Chiquita???

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Isn't Puerto Chiquito several miles away from Playa Chiquita???

Ya Tambo.... i just did an edit after I noticed that.

But you know something? La Mulata and others in the Sosua area; Pueto Chiquito, Playa Chiquita and the area have seen an increase of aggressive crime.

But no one gets together to form a simple Neighbor Hood watch type thing and THAT neighbor hood down that way does not share with another.

Let's just leave it to the Police and the papers to tell us.

Just a little P.O.ed that my biggest dog thinks our bed is his.... now that we have him in at nights. snooooor and drool on my feet. lol

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
98 Decibal Door Guard Knob Alarm - Amazon.com

There are some things you can do, inexpensively, like door alarms and motion sensors that will help.

I used to have a security system in my old neighborhood, because I had an untrustworthy neighbor. I live in the country now in PA, and most people know that you take your life into your hands if you break into an occupied home here, because all us country boys got guns and know how to use them.

I kept the security company signs and they are in my front yard, advertising that my home has a security system. A good deterrent, because it will make people think twice about burglarizing the home.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
98 Decibal Door Guard Knob Alarm - Amazon.com

There are some things you can do, inexpensively, like door alarms and motion sensors that will help.

I used to have a security system in my old neighborhood, because I had an untrustworthy neighbor. I live in the country now in PA, and most people know that you take your life into your hands if you break into an occupied home here, because all us country boys got guns and know how to use them.

I kept the security company signs and they are in my front yard, advertising that my home has a security system. A good deterrent, because it will make people think twice about burglarizing the home.

Good advice FB. WE are well protected. Now the.... myself obligation to help my neighbors that are a part of my life adds to my concern. We come from different backgrounds and we see things differently.

They are scared and all I can do is what I can do. Support them, a little advice and try to watch their backs.

They now are starting to understand and work as a team.

That's a beginning.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
Funny how big dogs seem to let you down when you need them.....try getting a little one....they yap at the slightest sound which in turn alerts the lazy bug sleeping on the bed

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Yes, the neigborhood needs to unite. To paraphrase that famous quote, "it takes a village...."

Good advice FB. WE are well protected. Now the.... myself obligation to help my neighbors that are a part of my life adds to my concern. We come from different backgrounds and we see things differently.

They are scared and all I can do is what I can do. Support them, a little advice and try to watch their backs.

They now are starting to understand and work as a team.

That's a beginning.

May 5, 2007
I recommend a 12 gauge loaded with double-odd buckshot as a home defense against a home invasion. You don't have to be a good shot with that.

Personally, if someone has broken into my house, I will blast them, no hesitation.

Actually, that's a bit of an urban legend. From a normal choke on a12 gauge, 00Buck will only spread about 3 feet at 8-10 feet (Normal confrontation in a home) and maybe 5 feet at a ten foot distance. definitely better than handgun but you do have to aim

A "cylinder bore" shotgun (No choke) firing # 4 shot Magnums is ideal for clearing a room with minimal aim

Last edited:

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
If I'm going to shoot at someone in the dark, I would prefer a shotgun.

Actually, that's a bit of an urban legend. From a normal choke on a12 gauge, 00Buck will only spread about 3 feet at 8-10 feet (Normal confrontation in a home) and maybe 5 feet at a ten foot distance. definitely better than handgun but you do have to aim

A "cylinder bore" shotgun (No choke) firing # 4 shot Magnums is ideal for clearing a room with minimal aim

May 5, 2007
If I'm going to shoot at someone in the dark, I would prefer a shotgun.

Prefer the shotgun over? If you ,mean you prefer a shotgun over a handgun I agree in most instances but if as you say you intend to use it to shoot someone in the dark, I suggest you ascertain the identify of the person you are shooting, could **** your wife off if you pepper her with pellets

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Better safe than sorry.....
High wall, dogs, front door ( barred of course), another dog inside, prisondoor with foot latch, long corridor behind, trip wire with flare attached, bedroom door reinforced and a bar fixed to wall, shotgun for me and our friend sig for my wife(shotgun hurts when fired she says).
All this since they stole my safe that was in my room a couple of years ago, luckily when we were out of country ( luckily for them that is). In safe there was only a hand gun and a necklace, last year police phoned to say someone was killed with the gun in SOd, we live on northcoast......And by the way I had to pay a couple of hundred pesos for the police to come.....

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Guess the police are too busy getting rid of those pesky girls in town to work about this stuff.