Sponsoring Siblings into the U.S.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Someone told me that his brother is going to sponsor him into the U.S. because now there is this new law that makes the process possible in 9 months. Has anyone heard about this?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Never heard of it. Last time I checked it was like 10 to 12 years...
I'm not saying it's the case, but I guess some people would say something like that because they are ashamed to say they are getting a fraudulent fiancee visa, which does take about 9 months...just saying...

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Never heard of it. Last time I checked it was like 10 to 12 years...
I'm not saying it's the case, but I guess some people would say something like that because they are ashamed to say they are getting a fraudulent fiancee visa, which does take about 9 months...just saying...

Well, this kid`s brother is in the U.S. Like a month ago his parents came over because they got one of those "Choice of Agent" forms that people get when the petition has been file on their behalf. They wanted me to translate it for them because they didn`t know what it was.

Now he`s telling me that instead of sponsoring his parents first, the brother is going to sponsor him and his other brothers first because of this new law. I have never heard of it either!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Anyway, I don't really get the reason for this kind of sponsorship. Spouse, children, even parents I could understand. But brothers and sisters? what is the criteria here? You can't live without your brother or sister? Go back home!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyway, I don't really get the reason for this kind of sponsorship. Spouse, children, even parents I could understand. But brothers and sisters? what is the criteria here? You can't live without your brother or sister? Go back home!

I think it is because the laws include all immediate family members. Such laws don't need reasons, they just "are".

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
With the new inmigration law brothers and sisters will be out, if they aprove it americans citizents are going to have 1 year and half to apply to take into usa brothers and sisters, after that not body could be able to do that.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
With the new inmigration law brothers and sisters will be out, if they aprove it americans citizents are going to have 1 year and half to apply to take into usa brothers and sisters, after that not body could be able to do that.

So maybe that`s what they heard!