El Toro Closed By Police

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Sunday night the national police raided the bar / nightclub El Toro. By regular Sos?a visitors El Toro is better known as D' Latino bar / nightclub. The girls present were checked for their identity documents. There were four minor girls present at the bar. So four girls younger than 18 years. That was the reason to immediately and indefinitely close the bar. Unfortunately for El Toro, they did rather good lately with a lot of people visiting the bar. Especially on the weekends the bar was attended by locals. Also in the capital last weekend over 30 entertainment venues have been closed. Also there the police encountered minors among the people present.

It appears to be a national policy to act stricter against allowing minors in the bars and nightclubs.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Even whore mongers cannot argue against closing a bar with minors illegally present. Or can they?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
willy wonka have had less clents in his new hooker place, so then he most likely uses his "contacts" to close the competitions bars, so all the gringos come to him.

All 12 of them in town?
Don't you think whatever "forces" did a lockdown/ID check at Willy's are the same that spot checked El Toro? Willy just has a bit more clout to stay open.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Next they will not allow me to send my 10 year old errand boy to get beers at the Colmado. What is happening to the DR culture.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
why hasn't someone thought of checking IDs at the bars and clubs ? or am i thinking non-dominican ?
underage girls only bring you trouble. where i live in the DC area, underage girls cost your bar/club about 750.00 per girl and they close you down.

it's not worth it.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Got news for you. Half these girls have older sisters cedulas on them and with the hair pulled back and white shirt on all the pictures look the same. I did not believe the photo on the exes cedula was her. She got ****ed when i asked if Oprah went to take the picture for her.

So even if they have ID good chance it is not them.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It didn't appear so when I walked past yesterday. Chairs were lined up completely closing entrance,lights were off and nobody in the bar.

Just another example of incompetent authorities. A fine and warning should be the first move in a case like this. Instead they sent the swat team in with assault rifles etc. A witness’ said it looked like they were raiding a terrorist gathering. Nice in front of a bunch of tourists. That’s the right move to promote tourism. Probably scared the sh*t out of them ;) So there were 4 underage girls. (Some say they were planted by the police) as apparently none of the employees had seen these girls before, did that warrant such a showoff operation. They sat the owner in the back of a truck surrounded by rifle armed police. Looked like they had captured the most wanted terrorist. Another eyesore for Sosua. Another closed bar with tables and chairs blocking the entrance. Wow talk about improving Sosua’s image. No bar owner wants underage people in his bar. They don’t have any $$ plus probably don’t drink anyway. Let the person who has never been in a bar when he/she was underage cast the first stone.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Well said!!! They are doing their very best to completely destroy Sosua.

Just another example of incompetent authorities. A fine and warning should be the first move in a case like this. Instead they sent the swat team in with assault rifles etc. A witness’ said it looked like they were raiding a terrorist gathering. Nice in front of a bunch of tourists. That’s the right move to promote tourism. Probably scared the sh*t out of them ;) So there were 4 underage girls. (Some say they were planted by the police) as apparently none of the employees had seen these girls before, did that warrant such a showoff operation. They sat the owner in the back of a truck surrounded by rifle armed police. Looked like they had captured the most wanted terrorist. Another eyesore for Sosua. Another closed bar with tables and chairs blocking the entrance. Wow talk about improving Sosua’s image. No bar owner wants underage people in his bar. They don’t have any $$ plus probably don’t drink anyway. Let the person who has never been in a bar when he/she was underage cast the first stone.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just another example of incompetent authorities. A fine and warning should be the first move in a case like this. Instead they sent the swat team in with assault rifles etc. A witness? said it looked like they were raiding a terrorist gathering. Nice in front of a bunch of tourists. That?s the right move to promote tourism. Probably scared the sh*t out of them ;) So there were 4 underage girls. (Some say they were planted by the police) as apparently none of the employees had seen these girls before, did that warrant such a showoff operation. They sat the owner in the back of a truck surrounded by rifle armed police. Looked like they had captured the most wanted terrorist. Another eyesore for Sosua. Another closed bar with tables and chairs blocking the entrance. Wow talk about improving Sosua?s image. No bar owner wants underage people in his bar. They don?t have any $$ plus probably don?t drink anyway. Let the person who has never been in a bar when he/she was underage cast the first stone.

I agree with some of what you said, but not about the warning. There have been plenty of warnings.This was not the first bar in Sosua closed for same reason.

If you are a slow learner, or believe it is all talk but no action, then you can't whine if you have to pay the price.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I agree with some of what you said, but not about the warning. There have been plenty of warnings.This was not the first bar in Sosua closed for same reason.

If you are a slow learner, or believe it is all talk but no action, then you can't whine if you have to pay the price.

Do you believe all the bars with "available" chicas should be shut down in Sosua, where do you stand Ken?

It seems to me this is a concerted effort to shut down every bar in Sosua with chicas.

Not a good look for a tourist to see a club owner surrounded by AK wielding SWAT wanna be's.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

"Plants" or not, they were there. Bar owners need to pay attention so it does not happen to them.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do you believe all the bars with "available" chicas should be shut down in Sosua, where do you stand Ken?

It seems to me this is a concerted effort to shut down every bar in Sosua with chicas.

Not a good look for a tourist to see a club owner surrounded by AK wielding SWAT wanna be's.

The people in charge of tourism do have that agenda, but let's call a whore a whore and not the code word "chica".