Visas very good business for USA.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Recently I applyed for a visitor visa B1/B2 to USA, I applyed for a visa before and I was denied. Actually I have 10 years Mexican visa and have been there 2 times, and 6 years Canadian visa and have been in Canada 3 times and planning now the number 4 trip. They told me I dont have strong ties in Dominican Republic to make me come back, that put me in 5 seconds shock. Hello!!! being 2 times in Mexico with 10 years visa and never tryed pass the border, with 6 years canadian visa and 3 visit and never stayed more than 10 days, just for common sense for sure I dont plan to stay living there. That make me think that they think USA is better than Canada.

what you think?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
My friends, who both had 10 years U.S. visas were denied Canadian visas because they had not enough ties to the D.R. It seems that having visas from other countries isn`t really relevant when looking for a Canadian or a U.S. visa.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My friends, who both had 10 years U.S. visas were denied Canadian visas because they had not enough ties to the D.R. It seems that having visas from other countries isn`t really relevant when looking for a Canadian or a U.S. visa.

Wow thats surprice me a lot, both countries has similar life standards.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Talking about U.S. visas, I know 2 girls who wanted to attend an English Teacher`s conference in the U.S. Both single, about the same age, no children, lived with their parents and didn`t even have a motorcycle. They both presented the same documents. Once was given the visa and the other wasn`t.

A while ago, a friend of mine, a dentist, married with kids, with her own office, a car and a good salary, was rejected twice. The third time she went she got a 3 month visa. She went to the U.S. and came back. Didn`t overstay...But next time she went to the consulate, REJECTED!! She said she just doesn`t understand!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Consider it like winning the lottery. Once in while somebody wins. The review criteria are both objective and subjective.
If you fail any of the objective part you get no visa, but you can still fail the subjective part even it you pass all of the objective requirements. Expecting logical and consistent behaviour from a government agency anywhere in the world will result in disappointment.

Dec 26, 2011
Talking about U.S. visas, I know 2 girls who wanted to attend an English Teacher`s conference in the U.S. Both single, about the same age, no children, lived with their parents and didn`t even have a motorcycle. They both presented the same documents. Once was given the visa and the other wasn`t.

A while ago, a friend of mine, a dentist, married with kids, with her own office, a car and a good salary, was rejected twice. The third time she went she got a 3 month visa. She went to the U.S. and came back. Didn`t overstay...But next time she went to the consulate, REJECTED!! She said she just doesn`t understand!!!

When I was married, we had my ex's aunt come to the US for three months. She was in her 50's, married, modest house, a small business. She was approved. She did not overstay. Two years later she was rejected. No explanation given.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
There really is no rhyme or reason and it is very dependent on the mood of the person that sees you and how many visas they handed out already that day.

My cousin got a visa when in medical school and came for 2 weeks to visit and then when she went to renew the visa, already a doctor with a job and her own home she was denied.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
gov.com

Recently I applyed for a visitor visa B1/B2 to USA, I applyed for a visa before and I was denied. Actually I have 10 years Mexican visa and have been there 2 times, and 6 years Canadian visa and have been in Canada 3 times and planning now the number 4 trip. They told me I dont have strong ties in Dominican Republic to make me come back, that put me in 5 seconds shock. Hello!!! being 2 times in Mexico with 10 years visa and never tryed pass the border, with 6 years canadian visa and 3 visit and never stayed more than 10 days, just for common sense for sure I dont plan to stay living there. That make me think that they think USA is better than Canada.

what you think?

It's the same crap in CAN-US-EU they all want to see strong ties to the DR.
Having your family in the DR, having visas and returning repeatedly to the DR seems to count for nothing.
You pay your fees and it's a lottery, expect not to win!
They tell you don't bother to re-apply, unless there are substantial changes.
Even having a spouse in the country, with proof substantial financial backing counts for nothing.
The governments have no respect for their own citizens and wilfully separate spouses.
Dominicans are treated as criminals who will illegally stay and work, de facto prisoners of their island.
The assumption is every one is guilty, the government just did not prove it yet.
Democracy and freedom are great, thank you for invading other countries and fighting for it!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It's the same crap in CAN-US-EU they all want to see strong ties to the DR.
Having your family in the DR, having visas and returning repeatedly to the DR seems to count for nothing.
You pay your fees and it's a lottery, expect not to win!
They tell you don't bother to re-apply, unless there are substantial changes.
Even having a spouse in the country, with proof substantial financial backing counts for nothing.
The governments have no respect for their own citizens and wilfully separate spouses.
Dominicans are treated as criminals who will illegally stay and work, de facto prisoners of their island.
The assumption is every one is guilty, the government just did not prove it yet.
Democracy and freedom are great, thank you for invading other countries and fighting for it!

I agree with you, Lobo. But here's the thing. The truth is too many dominicans are looking for a country to move to, by whatever means necessary. So many good, decent dominican people suffer the consequences. These decent people, however, fail to condem those who keep doing frauds and illegal actions to stay in other countries. They even encourage them and in the best cases, they look the other way. Other countries need to stop this madness if dominicans show they are unable to do it themselves. Dominican people need to stop tolerating this behavior from their fellow dominicans, they need to condemn it, they need to find ways to isolate them. Otherwise, DR name will continue to be stained, and dominican people will continue to be treated as criminals by default. It's not other countries' fault (it's their right), it's dominican people's fault and until social actions are taken by the people, nothing will change.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Castle is correct. The only people to blame are the Dominican people for how difficult it is for them to get visas. They are the reason, their own worst enemies, and not the other countries.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Castle is correct. The only people to blame are the Dominican people for how difficult it is for them to get visas. They are the reason, their own worst enemies, and not the other countries.

How is aunt Eufemia in Villa Liberacion going to put preassure on Dominican tigueres in NY? Think they will change their wicked ways?

Canada now has refugee claims from Russian gays who fear for their life in Russia.
Canadian lawyers are helping.
Meanwhile a married Canadian can not be with their spouse for lack of a TRV.
Something askew here.
The Gov.Can. admits a majority of immigrants from China,India/Punjab and the Philippines.
Countries who thrive on arranged marriages.
Now the gov. is supposedly worried about marriage fraud and illegal immigration.
What do you think is the percentage of Dominicans in Canada......negligible no threat.
What threat poses a Dominican with a Canadian spouse, who can demonstrate financial solvency???
It seems too much, to ask for the application of a modicum of intelligence by the gov.
How much time do you think a consular official spends on one TVR app?
A quick label of an individual, illegal immigrant, threat,criminal, terrorist and we have an easy justification without proof.
The people I blame are our governments, not Dominicans.
The DR is most welcoming to expats.
After six months of marriage to a Dominican one can apply for fast track citizenship.
Not too long ago Marriage was instant admission with residency and work permit, as spouses should have a right to be together.
Now a quick label and blame the others, I expect more of a supposed democracy.

Dec 26, 2011
How is aunt Eufemia in Villa Liberacion going to put preassure on Dominican tigueres in NY? Think they will change their wicked ways?

Canada now has refugee claims from Russian gays who fear for their life in Russia.
Something askew here.
The Gov.Can. admits a majority of immigrants from China,India/Punjab and the Philippines.
Now the gov. is supposedly worried about marriage fraud and illegal immigration.
What do you think is the percentage of Dominicans in Canada......negligible no threat.
What threat poses a Dominican with a Canadian spouse, who can demonstrate financial solvency???
It seems too much, to ask for the application of a modicum of intelligence by the gov.
A quick label of an individual, illegal immigrant, threat,criminal, terrorist and we have an easy justification without proof.
The RD is most welcoming to expats.
After six months of marriage to a Dominican one can apply for fast track citizenship.
Not too long ago Marriage was instant admission with residency and work permit, as spouses should have a right to be together.

In society, the honest majority always get punished for the misdeeds of the few. Learned that in kindergarten.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Absolute numbers mean nothing. Check how many chinese or Indians live in their countries and then get a popullation to inmigration ratio. I'm sure you will find that dominicans rank high on that list. So, a single dominican applying for visa probably represents a higher threat than a single chinese or indian. Blaming governments is always the easy way out. As if people in government were from a different planet and not the result of the same society. You want to have a better government? Start by trying to have better cousins, friends, neighbors, or...a better you!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
In society, the honest majority always get punished for the misdeeds of the few. Learned that in kindergarten.

We are paying (the most of Dominicnas) for the broken dishes of few bad ones, and yes in part our goverments has also one peace for alll the corruption and making the most of Dominicans to have a very low life style comparing with other latin american countries, also all that sales for 200.00 their dignity every time that we had elections.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Something askew here.
The DR is most welcoming to expats.

I see another example a Dominican that cannot accept blame. Nobody is to blame but the Dominicans that act badly in the foreign countries to which they travel to for those countries restrictive immigration policies on them versus immigrants from other countries. Visa fraud by Dominicans is very high.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Well, as for most things, we all have to face the consecuences of what our fellow men have done before us, and sometimes of what others not even related to us have done. It`s not fair, but that`s how things are!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
That make me think that they think USA is better than Canada.

what you think?

Of course we think we are better than everyone else. No news flash there.

Sorry you were denied. One of the problems is there is no system in place to track exits, which is why overstays are common. It's one of the things at some magical time in the future that they intend to fix.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Visa fraud by Dominicans is very high.

NO! It's not! Prove me wrong here by posting the figures to support it!

It has nothing to do with visa fraud and all to do with visas available per year/per month to be given out.

Renewals are almost automatic for the most part, which are not tallied in the "new visas" category made available each year. Most of the people that try to get a visa again, let the previous one expired beyond the date of renewal acceptance. Hence the turn downs.

There's already a thread where all these facts were debated at and actual and real figures posted on those instances.

New visas being issued are more trending to how lucky you are that in that day visas were being issued or not.

This happens to be true for Canada, U.K and France alike. MOst other countries are really based on qualifications for entry and not the lottery luck system like the first ones.

Visa Fraud by Dominicans are among the lowest in the Western Hemisphere per ration of visas issued each year. Now, that's a fact based on real figures not hearsay or what Johnny thinks they might be.

Go and read on the thread and then come back here to debate more based on facts, not fiction...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

what you think?

I know a Dominican who married a Canadian girl, he lived in canada for several years but his dreams was to visit NY.

Even for dominicans living legal in Canada is hard to get an American Visa... Bro, Us is the place where everyone wants to stay!

Even the Rich Dominican would like to have a green card.

JJ