Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default the price of water

listin diaro writes today about water CAASD restructuring billing for water in SD:
    CAASD reestructura tarifa de agua en Santo Domingo - listindiario.com

132 pesos fixed rate a month? i wish. we are charged 477 a month here and we do not use all that much: only two of us, no pool, no watering plants, no wasting...

how much do you pay?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We pay 200. I know some folks in Sosua Abajo that don't pay anything. I have some friends in El Batey that say they pay 350.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Guananico, we pay 150 pesos cos big house,normal house 100 pesos fixed prices....... but only 2 or 3 jours a day

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

But the worst thing is that Corraplata have been sending out bills and back dating them several years. Some people are receiving bills for 20,000 - 30,000 pesos!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

We have started a discussion with corraplata. The last 3 bills has skyrocketed. I prefer not to say how much at the moment, but it is alot.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Tee, Rautus,
    People on the development we are on have bills ranging from 125 RD$ per month to oner 1500 RDS per month. And when I look thought the bills to get my own I see a number of balance of RD$ 130,000 down to 80.000 RD$ and there are another group of 30,000 RD$ to 20,000 RD$ in arrears too . I think that for our developmet alone there is a back log of about RD$ 2,000,000 so go figure for the other places. No wonder Corraplata cant provide the water for the North coast.
    Olly

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay and get close to nothing on two properties.

I call and get no answer.

Some one MIGHT show up, 6 people look and then leave with .... no answer or action of any kind.

I can pee more then the water that I pay for.

Main house with less then pee pressure. We collect rain water off the roof. Problem solved.

I'd cut them off completely but the first two properties still rely on them...

... Unless I run reverse lines back to them for water? Ummmmm

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

450 pesos per month and get very little water here in POP. talked to the water department several times, makes no difference. Talked to Maireni who pays them monthly to pump water from one tank to another tank in our area. He admits the failing is due to politics and there is nothing he can do. Even he continue to pay for nothing.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i forgot to mention that we do not get water regularly. it's twice a week at best. but because there are only two of us and we do not use much the cistern is always full. so i think we do not use this 477 a month. again, we are forking the bill for us and some if the 80% of the population who do not pay and think they deserve everything for free...

10. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

And in Higuey we have to buy water trucks at a cost of 400 pesos, for about 1600 gallons. CAASD sells at 132 pesos fixed rate which includes 22 cubic meters (6 pesos for each additional cubic meter), which is 5800 gallons. For me to buy 5800 gallons I need to pay 1400 pesos.

The people who are complaining about paying 132 pesos for 5800 gallons of water are NUTS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast